S-10 Frame users

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yardy

I have a 96 2 wheel drive frame and putting in a small block chevy.
I was wondering where some are buying motor mounts to make these two work? I would rather buy than build these mounts. Yardy

My motor is way farther back than where it would be in a V8 S10. I don't think any off the shelf mounts would have worked for me. This is one of the things you will probably have to work out yourself.

My motor is way farther back than where it would be in a V8 S10. I don't think any off the shelf mounts would have worked for me. This is one of the things you will probably have to work out yourself.

As flipper said if your using the s-10 frame in rod, the motor is usually back and down from where the factory would have mounted. I personally used the "bisket" mounts with some 2x3 tubing welded to the frame and theptoper hole location for the bolt to go through

picked this up from jc whitney for $160. it will do what you need.

Attachments

• crossmemeber2.jpg
    crossmemeber2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 24
I used a 4'x9' plate and welded tabs on it to fit small block mounts.
Bolted to the original mount holes in front and welded after placement. Never had a problem. Position for the upper shock mount bolt to center between #1 & #3 plug location. Much cleaner than a saddle style mount.

`49 AD truck on S10 frame

Attachments

• 1950 008.jpg
    1950 008.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 23
  • playing 106.jpg
    playing 106.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back