S10 Blaxer help!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockabilly

I got an 96 s10 blazer that I have nothing to do with so i'm gonna rat it up. Do people have ideas or tips for me? The first thing I wanna do is lowering it down. Easiest way?

My tip is LEAVE IT ALONE. Go ahead and lower it, but the not sure what you mean by "ratting it up". What's wrong with a nice little lowered S-10 daily driver? Beats the hell out of some obnoxious-looking flat black nightmare with goofy crap all over it. Get some dropped spindles for the front and lowering blocks for the rear. Some good rubber and you're ready to go.

BTW, do an introduction... :)

Holy crap BED...

My tip is LEAVE IT ALONE. Go ahead and lower it, but the not sure what you mean by "ratting it up". What's wrong with a nice little lowered S-10 daily driver? Beats the hell out of some obnoxious-looking flat black nightmare with goofy crap all over it. Get some dropped spindles for the front and lowering blocks for the rear. Some good rubber and you're ready to go.

BTW, do an introduction... :)

Don't yell at the poor kid....just kidding....man :), you must think I'm totally nutz doing my 96 .....:eek: And here I thought we was friends...:( And Rockabilly have you been formally introduced yet???

Well !!!

I would save the money your thinking about spending on the S 10 and put that money toward's a project that will be a Rat Rod Driver for you [S [S [S But its your money I followed my dreams [cl

the thing is I live in Iceland so I really dont have much to choose from and the blazer is unregisterable so I got nothing else to do with it. And this is low budget project. Just wanna have fun making something fun. Ps. I'm going to introduce myself right now.:D

Good! Put round headlights in it, roll the hood over slightly like a Thunderbird, and find a old chrome grille. Lower it of course. Skirts. Chopping it would be near impossible with all the curved glass.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA First snow just came yesterday so its not a everyday thing. I'm thinking about building a new body altogether?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA First snow just came yesterday so its not a everyday thing. I'm thinking about building a new body altogether?

If you do that, then you might as well build a new frame too. But I guess it makes sense to focus on a body first. I have no idea what kind of metal you can find to work with there, but if you plan to make one yourself, look for donor metal. If you can find a full truck cab, even in to the 70's, get it and you can use a lot it -the older the better of course. If you can't find something complete, try to find part of one or two. Otherwise, look for anything you can use with compound curves - cars, vans, trunk lids, hoods, anything like that. Even non-car stuff like a BBQ grill if it's thick enough metal.

I've thought out a plan to make a 30's sedan style body out of a 60's truck cab just in case I had to move to Alaska (where resources are scarce).

If you do that, then you might as well build a new frame too. But I guess it makes sense to focus on a body first.

I don't have the material or the knowledge to build a new frame altogether so I'll skip that part, but I was thinking about using the bottom and front from the old body as a base to keep it more simple. But any ideas about the look?

Also wanna try to get rid of unnecessary **** like abs and cruize control. Is it possible to go around the abs system?

OK,im like this.It's your truck and It's all you got so build what ever you like. No one here has to drive it but you. I have a 1992 ford ranger truck that im "Ratting" up and I dont care who does it does not like it.We all have our own concept of what is cool. Live and let live I say.[P[;):cool:

Latest posts

Back