S10 chassis under a 25 dodge coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkkruzer

Ok gang , I've recently purchased a 25 doge brothers coupe . It has no doors and no deck lid , all of which I will be fabricated . I'm going to get a s10 chassis and put it under the body . Has any body else done this to a coupe and what was the outcome ? Doing it to trucks is one thing but to a car is something totally different ,,, this will be a RATROD so worrying about beauty is not an issue . Any ideas ??????

s10

when you start a build thread we exepct a ton of pics:D

do a search, there should be something on a car body going an a S-1O chassis here.

the H A M B has several threads on this subject, but BUT bUT!!! do not mention rat rods or they will flame you and get really rude:eek:

killbillit may have some to.

the 3Oish dodge sedan l have when we put new floor pans in & then put it on a custom chassis. when l did this we had to make new mounts to attach it the body to the chassis. so if you have to put a floor in your'es, just make the mounts so it will bolt to the S-1O frame.

are you running fenders?

Later :cool:

Frankly, the outcome will be TERRIBLE. Please do NOT put that body on an S-10 chassis. If you don't care about beauty then at least care about proportions. They are ALL wrong for an early car like that. Put your Dodge body on a proper hot rod chassis. It's really not that difficult - not any more so than trying to cob together an S-10 abomination. If you really aren't comfortable with it then get some help or if that isn't an option just put your body away for a future project. The S-10 can lend itself well to some later model full-fendered truck builds, so if you are set on using one then put a body on it that will work.

25 dodge coupe

Well sorry about the lack if pics due to the fact I only settled the deal last Saturday and don't have the car in my possession yet , there will be no fenders , I intend on chopping and channelling this coupe what I'm after is info and pics on this subject . I did do some research but have only found info on doing this to old trucks . By the way , you are totally right about HAMB , they kicked my ad for a swap meet because my car club is called rott rods , and I drive one . Any help would be welcomed . By the way again I don't have an original frame to work with , hence the s10 chassis . Thanks gang :cool:

You are only finding info on doing it to trucks because that is what it works OK for. They aren't for hot rods! The S-10 is WAY too big and clunky to be used under a small car like your Dodge. I think once you have the car in your posession you will start to understand. (hopefully!) If you don't have an original frame to work with then build one to suit your needs. If that isn't an option then go with a Model A Ford chassis or one based on that design. Even a T-bucket style frame could be made to work. There are just way too many options out there that would be so much better than ruining a car like that with a late model truck chassis.

There is a frame builder on Ebay called "patrick 1923" he makes some great frames that would be perfect for your coupe and he will build to your specs. very good pricing too.

S10frame under a25 dodge

Thanks guys but money is an issue ,so buying a chassis isn't likely to happen . Building one is tho , and that I can do , I'm still limited on funds do how bout some pics of home made frames ?

s10 chassis

well i went looking for home made chassis on this site and found none , probably because i asked the wrong question. i visited HAMB and killbillit and so far all ive done is **** off some body :eek: i must have asked if they had something still for sale , they dont so i move along . thanks for your input ill probably build my own but either way i will enjoy what i build until the wheels fall off [cl

Check a lot of the build threads. Probably 1/2 the builds on RRR are sitting on built frames. And most of 'em are done on the cheap with found parts. We're all short on cash. :p

Latest posts

Back