s10 frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils reject

i was wondering if any of you guys out there have done or have info, when it comes to putting a 89 s10 reg cab frame under a 50 tudor ford? and ideas of help would be aprecated

I'm working on a 49 chev with s-10. I had to cut 90% of the floorpan, redo the firewall, shorten the s-10 frame 4inches, cut the front frame horns off, and build brackets for the front and rear bumpers. Fabricate motor mounts and trans mount, hang swinging pedals, mount tilt column, power brake booster and M-cyl......etc etc, It's like earthman says a lot of work...Heres where I'm at now. Hope this helps

Attachments

• 49 fleetline 006.jpg
    49 fleetline 006.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 49 fleetline 005.jpg
    49 fleetline 005.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 49 fleetline 016.jpg
    49 fleetline 016.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 28
I put an S-10 frame under my 52 Ford pick up. There are a lot of details you need to know about the S-10 frame. Check the wheel base on the Tudor. There are 3 different wheel bases on the S-10. Stay away from the S-10 Blazers, their wheel base is too short. Check out my website on my build and it will give you what info you need on the S-10 frame. It's listed below.

Also look into similar wheelbase/track width of full framed 60s cars. The 47 Chevy coupe I just got has a 69 Chevelle 4 door chassis and the body fits nice. Only thing that was cut was the trunk floor. Previous owner cut the section of firewall that has the brake booster and pedals off Chevelle and grafted into firewall of the 47. So I have a 47 with a V8, auto trans and suspension I can get parts for anywhere fairly cheap.

wow ok alot more involved then i was thinking!! earthman my plan was to plan up date every thing und the car, didnt realize it would be so extensive!
thanks for all the input guys. it has helped alot, got alot to think about now[S

i think you might be better offwith an aftermarket stub
i know its not a ford, but check out dmw56's studebaker car build, he used an aftermarket stub, and a late model rear end......it looks really good, and keeps original frame/body mounts

if budget is a concern, then i would prob just rebuild what i had with a disc brake conversion kit and maybe dropped spindles.....

Latest posts

Back