s10 rat rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumpyguy

has anyone built a chopped s10 cab on a made frame with and old school dropped axle on the front just looking at doing something different. saw a few chopped roofs and they looked pretty good I only want to use the cab and maybe cut up the box norrow and shorten to fit the frame and the look.

try searching the internet first

been done before and never looks good imo and many others im sure

Attachments

• rat_rod_s10.sized.jpg
    rat_rod_s10.sized.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 79
There are other people on here with S10 cabs on cartoon trucks. Not what I would do but hey, we are all about you doing what you like.
Personally, I like to build stuff other people like too, so if I ever decide to sell it I don't have to haul it across the scales and sell it by the ton. Make good use of the S10 frame and build something cool out of it.

Well I didn't build one so i guess it wasn't my first choice . However the one in the pic is certinally no cookie cutter car and looks as good as a lot of so called rats I have seen . Go for it if you like it your in

Certainly the s-10 it's not the best, nor the more original car to built a rat from, but hey, there are always good ideas, and creative ways to impress us car lovers, i mean, if you want to give the truck a try and you feel like coming up with something cool, then go for it, good luck, and get us some pics :D

Its so common, it just doesn't strike a cord for cool. I think the model T Ford was that way too--It finally got desireable, but it took almost a hundred years!!

Maybe the S10 will be the T bucket of 2080? :eek:

Maybe you could strip the paint offa one and get it all rusty like a T is today and make a real ragged, crappy rat and park it next to 'nice' rats and they'd move away from you--? :cool:

PA41

A s10 cab might work better if you cut it down the middle and pinched it in about 6" at the firewall.

Or better yet just cut it down the middle so each half fits in the dumpster better.Ok I know thats cruel,but just had to say it.:D

Or better yet just cut it down the middle so each half fits in the dumpster better.Ok I know thats cruel,but just had to say it.:D

way too cruel, not all of us have the money or the luck to get 32's or stuff like that, i'd say, if he want to try it on the s10, well so be it, we might get surprised, i do like the s10 look... mybe that's just me..

Look at all the stuff going to the crusher. I wince everytime I'm down there. Last time I was there I saw a Nova with bucket seats and a consol, supposedly an SS, a postal Jeep, several 67-72 Chevy pickups, a couple KB cabs with doors, not mention newer stuff. It don't have to be another 32, there's lot's of cool stuff for cheap or free if you keep your ear to the ground.
If I found a straight S10 I would be tempted to drop in a 305, lower it a couple inches and drive the snot out of it. Hacking one up won't hurt anyone's feelings and you will learn a lot doing it.

it's funny cuz it's true

A really big problem with building an s10 is it's a chevy...
You see young Padawan
Nobody puts OTC (other than chevy) engines in a chevy...
Everyone knows any Chevy with a Chevy engine is either a pickup truck, a supersport and in most all cases a supersport pickup truck. the stick on grill badges, and bowtie air filter proves it.
If you try to build a hotrod or ratrod out of any chevy and put a smallblock in it, it's just going to end up on ebay in automobiles and never meet reserve. Everyone knows a proper hotrod or ratrod would only make it to "parts cars" and is often sold for less than scrap to the next builder who the seller knows will uphold it's unfinished pedigree.

way too cruel, not all of us have the money or the luck to get 32's or stuff like that, i'd say, if he want to try it on the s10, well so be it, we might get surprised, i do like the s10 look... mybe that's just me..

There is lots of cheap old stuff out there,you just have to look for it.I paid $400 for my 29 Model A sedan body . S10 are not Hot rod or rat rod material,no matter what anyone does with it.So lets find something old that is meant to be build into a cool Rod and get on with it.

Latest posts

Back