SA cars and parts

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neophyte

In my intro thread I was asked about availability of cars and parts. I went to one of our local "dealers" this afternoon to get a few parts and took some photos of some of the cars in his place. This guy has plenty of parts too but to a great extent you need to know what you're looking for and you need time to go through all the stuff looking for it.
20071219288.jpg

20071219287.jpg

20071219286.jpg

20071219285.jpg

Great pics Neo! Thats alot of old iron to be sittin around in South Africa. Where does he get it from?

Most of it is stuff that was on the local market. A lot of time when people want to get rid of cars sitting in their yards or on their farms they approach guys like this instead of selling it as scrap metal or having it crushed or whatever. A guy close to me also has a plot with some stuff. He would also buy up cars that people advertise in the local classifieds. I post some of his stuff just now.

You have better American cars in your yard there then 20 of the yards here.You wont find any of those old cars here in yards.They have all gone to China in crushed form.

I'm disappointed........not a single lion or elephant walking around in there !! :D

Amazing to see so much early iron in such a faraway place. Some of it looks savable. Is that a '56 Nomad in the one picture?

How are the laws there regarding altered cars? Do you have strict laws like some other places like Austrailia?

Don

Some great old cars and bodies. Among the newer cars on the road there, how much is American vs Japanese, or others?

It's mostly Eastern and European cars. Only the last few years some more American cars have come onto the market again.

I'm disappointed........not a single lion or elephant walking around in there !! :D

Amazing to see so much early iron in such a faraway place. Some of it looks savable. Is that a '56 Nomad in the one picture?

How are the laws there regarding altered cars? Do you have strict laws like some other places like Austrailia?

Don

LOL!!! Those animals you'll only find in the game reserves or zoo's. The laws here don't seem to be near as strict as in Australia. I have heard some contradictary stories about having issues getting T-Buckets on the road due to their open engines.

Can you UPS this stuff?:D:D:rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken this guy does actually ship overseas from time to time.

Last edited:
I'm having issues uploading the other pics to Photobucket. Ill do that tomorrow as I want to go to bed now. It's already 10 past midnight here now and I get up at about 6am.

Later........

OK, so here are the other guy's pics I promised. This guy I don't think does ship outside of South Africa. I don't think he's familiar with what's involved regarding the "exporting" of cars and he might even want to keep the stuff locally. He's also a bit expensive too.

Towards then end are some cars from his private collection.

20070515003.jpg

20070515002.jpg

20070515001.jpg

20070515.jpg

Latest posts

Back