Sad week here..........

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Farm

Ol school snake charmer!
....I have this friend "Candy" who I met in 1974 when she was 2 years old and I was 15. Even at two years old she was very strong willed and remains one of most upbeat and strongest people I know. Her brother Louie was my age and we became best friends soon after my family moved in a few blocks from their house. Their father was a coal miner and they lost him in a mining accident when Candy was five. When I got married in 1979 Louie was my Best Man, now following in his father's footsteps working in the mines. Three years later when Candy was ten, he was killed in a mine roof cave in.......that was thirty one years ago today. He was buried on his Mother's Birthday which is my Birthday too.

Married since 1995 Candy and her husband have two sons. About a year and a half ago the oldest was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He lost his battle this past Sunday and they laid him to rest Wednesday near his Grandfather and Uncle whom he never got to meet........Brandon was 14. :( He was a great kid who loved the outdoors and who's passion along with his father's was vintage farm tractors. At the funeral home on Tuesday his Farmall Cub (the latest one he was working on) sat on the front lawn shining like a new penny as mourners........hundreds of them ........filed past to pay their last respects.

I never got the chance to take Brandon for a ride in my Willys but back in April at a benefit dinner held for him, we did go for a ride in my '57 and it brought back some good memories of cruising with his Uncle Louie.......

Brandon and his Dad

Me and Brandon

.....and that ride with Brandon and his Dad will always be a treasured memory for me.
His family has been an inspiration to everyone through this whole ordeal but please remember them in your prayers as they still have a lot of healing to do.

Rest in Peace my friend. :(

It really sucks when life kicks you down. Its even worse when it happens to an innocent child. Sorry for your lose
We will pray for him, his family and you.
Go for a long ride and just honor them in your memories.
God is with you.

Condolences

Ray,
I am so very sorry for your loss. And I can tell it is a great loss for you. You are a special person, Ray, and I know you will continue to be there for the family. Nothing is like the support of a friend in bad times. Hang in there, buddy. We will remember them (and you) in our prayers.

Lynn

Thanks for the thoughts and kind words guys, and yes it is extra tough to see such a young person taken like this. I was talking with Candy's mother and she mentioned the anniversary of Louie's death and the fact that he was buried on our birthdays which is tomorrow. She said she would be turning 80 and asked if I'd be 55? I answered yes and she said "I guess you and Louie will always be 23 in my mind" Now her grandson Brandon will be 14 forever. :(

Tough to lose anyone especially at that age....

They are never gone totally...always come back to you when you see the pics and remember.....sorry for the loss .....

Latest posts

Back