Safety Wire On My Coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gastrick

One of the Dirty Dozen!
Well, some folks may consider a step backward, seeing as how I removed some nice polished stainless hardware to do the deed. I wanted to add some details here and there on my coupe to tie in with the bomber style interior. So I drilled some bolts, painted them black, and safety wired them. Here's how it came out. We are working on some other things on the car this weekend too but nothing really exciting.

AFTER:

BEFORE:

Looks very racey Gastrick. Sure won't be coming loose either. :D What did you use for wire? BTW, you even installed the wire correctly so the bolts can't turn at all.

Don

Nice added detail. Nice job on the lacing, too. Almost as nice as mine on the 25mm cannon I work on @ my day job :D:D:D .

A couple of pics, one by it's lonesome & two at home.
Third is just forr giggles.

Attachments

• m242 (Medium).jpg
    m242 (Medium).jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 30
  • bradley-17 (Medium).jpg
    bradley-17 (Medium).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 22
  • BFV (Medium).jpg
    BFV (Medium).jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 18
very nice indeed!

Gastrick,
That is really a nice touch. I would have never thought of it. You're always coming up with something cool, thanks for sharing!

ISore

There's jigs made to drill the holes straight. But, knowing Gastrick, I figure he's made his own for this. :cool::cool:

Bruce, I did have a homemade jig that I rigged up many years ago but I misplaced it a while back and didn't feel like making another so I recently bought one of the premade jigs. It looks nicer than my old one anyway. Here it is motomech.

MAn, I used to work on aircraft in the Air Force (A-10's) and that's the right stuff there!

Latest posts

Back