Savin old tin every other day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
I know it has been two days since I posted the model t touring body I picked up. Today I went to look at a Dodge touring car rear section. I may mate the two to make something cool.
I brought it home and found this old International truck, and made the deal on it too.
PC170060.jpg

I also found this old Harley, and he told me he would sell it, but neither of us was sure what it was worth. I can go back for it if you guys tell me it is something special.
PC170059.jpg

I think the bike is like one my brother had when I was a kid. I think they called it a Legaro or something like that. His was late 60's vintage, Italian made, with a 3 speed handlebar shift. I wouldn't call it anything special, but you don't see any anymore. His was 65 cc.

Blue

Last edited:
Bonehead,
One went on d-bay for 1,300 on 9 bids, But bike was total restored. Will the motor turn? Would be cool to do a little bobber frame and use the parts from that bike.
If thats the truck I think it is it came out of Montrose and was a free truck I missed it by 5 minutes.
Did you get the shotgun sally tub from whitewater?

Last edited:
Bonehead,
One went on d-bay for 1,300 on 9 bids, But bike was total restored. Will the motor turn? Would be cool to do a little bobber frame and use the parts from that bike.
If thats the truck I think it is it came out of Montrose and was a free truck I missed it by 5 minutes.
Did you get the shotgun sally tub from whitewater?

I think the motor is seized.
The truck is probably one and the same. I got both from Whitewater, and traded for the truck. The guy told me he got the truck for free.
I have a little more than that in it now, but I like the truck.

The guy I got it from says 49, but that is as far as I know til I look a little closer.

He is asking $200 for the bike, but I think it is a wall hanger type project.
Bonehead, I agree on the wall hanger.
There's restaurants and bars that will use it for decoration. Probably get 2 to $300 for it but, may have to hold for a bit is all :)

Jim

I think the motor is seized.
The truck is probably one and the same. I got both from Whitewater, and traded for the truck. The guy told me he got the truck for free.
I have a little more than that in it now, but I like the truck.

Bonehead,
Great score on the truck[cl, It does have some great lines. I had one at vangundy's lined up but I got sent out of town for 2 weeks and it got crushed. The back half of that tub should work out for you on the T.
If you do pick up that bike pull the jug first, Them old bikes would get some grim in the jug and sit along time a seen like they were seized. I have scored a few like that

Bone, the thing about IHC is that there is no way to know what year it really is. IH had this annoying habit of titling the trucks the year they were sold, noth the year they were made. Good rule of thumb* is that KB USUALLY run from 46-49. L series from 50-52 and K series from 40-46 (cant tell a k from a kb to save my life)

*Rule of thumb has a great history. It originally meant that you couldnt beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb

Bone, the thing about IHC is that there is no way to know what year it really is. IH had this annoying habit of titling the trucks the year they were sold, noth the year they were made.

That is good to know my IH D2 IS titled as a forty but all my research indicates it as a 39. Either research is wrong(highly possible), or you just answered a couple questions for me
THANKS

Latest posts

Back