Scale model hot rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratty

Just wondering if any of you guys an' gals are into building scale model hotrods, ratrods or gassers during the cold winter months. If so, then how about posting some pictures of your finished builds??.... I'm in the middle of 2 builds right now... One is a big scale (1/8) ratrod "T" bucket and Deuce roadster of the same scale. It's all fun stuff. :) If no one is interested, then by all means, have the moderator delete this thread.

I want to build one of the 1/8 scale deuce models. I haven't built in scale for quite a while. I saw a resin 1/8 scale 3 window coupe body somewhere a while back. I'd like to build one and make it look somewhat like my own full scale coupe. Can you post some photos of yours ratty?

Still looking for it..... If you can't wait, please check out scalemotorcars.com They have pics in their store. In the meantime, I'll keep looking for that chopped 3-window body.

I've always wanted to do a 1/8 scale rat roadster but space to do it has always been an issue. I built a couple 1/24 - 1/25 scale rat rods and a custom chopped 66 Hearse several years ago. The hearse was a totally crushed POS from the bottom of a box at a garage sale. I paid 25 cents for it. I wouldn't part with it now for anything. I put three weeks of daily work into getting it like it is plus I built the coffin trailer from scratch. The 38 Chevy bobber truck was built as a prototype for my first 1:1 rat rod. I'd love to build the real deal some day.

T1

Attachments

• SLS 002.jpg
    SLS 002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 71
  • SLS 004.jpg
    SLS 004.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 63
  • SLS 009.jpg
    SLS 009.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 86
I've always wanted to do a 1/8 scale rat roadster but space to do it has always been an issue. I built a couple 1/24 - 1/25 scale rat rods and a custom chopped 66 Hearse several years ago. The hearse was a totally crushed POS from the bottom of a box at a garage sale. I paid 25 cents for it. I wouldn't part with it now for anything. I put three weeks of daily work into getting it like it is plus I built the coffin trailer from scratch. The 38 Chevy bobber truck was built as a prototype for my first 1:1 rat rod. I'd love to build the real deal some day.

T1
Those are some cool models you got there!! I have a bunch of the 1/25 scale kits that I need to get started on..... One of those is a R-M '50 Ford Custom Pickup that I bought at a flea market for only 2 bucks a few years ago. Now that I'm laid off for a while, I could finish up on the one's I've started and start on some new kits. ;)

Here's another project I'll be starting in the spring... This is a HUGE 1/6 scale RC '41 Willys coupe body. I plan on building a period correct "gasser" chassis for it. I have a 1/6 scale supercharged 392 Hemi that I'd like use for this build. This may take a few years to complete... I hope I live that long. [S Don't mind the kitten in the picture. He desided to come down stairs and keep me company. :D .... If ya want to see more pics of that body, let me know and I'll take some more pics of it. :)

Attachments

• 1015091516.jpg
    1015091516.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 35
Here's some pictures of the 392 Blower assembly with the 4-port Hilborn injector setup. Man, I love this stuff. [dr I will have to scratchbuild a scoop for it..... Along with everything else.

Attachments

• 0921091151.jpg
    0921091151.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 0921091148.jpg
    0921091148.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 0921091147a.jpg
    0921091147a.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 0921091147.jpg
    0921091147.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 0921091150.jpg
    0921091150.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 20
Don't mind the kitten in the picture. He desided to come down stairs and keep me company. ....

A hotrodder in the making?[S...........CR:D

Any of you remember when Pontiac used to use a tiger for their GTO advertisements??[S Those old timers at GM would get a kick out of this one. :)

Attachments

• 1013091941.jpg
    1013091941.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 33
Well this isn't a model but it's a diecast car I modified a little bit. I did it for my dad to somewhat match some old photos he had of one of his jalopies. Not very much detail involved. Just something quick and fun that I could give him.

Here's one of the photos. That's my Pop in the front. The other hoodlum is his cousin.

Hey Pat, I have that 38 cab!!

I know, and I'm green with envy Don! :D I love those cabs! We've talked about that before. They make such a great rat truck. Small, nice lines, and just very cool. You need to get started on it one of these days.

Thanks for the compliment Ratty. Building them was a lot of fun but I would have rather built the supersized versions.

Pat

Last edited:
Yeah! The real ones are alot of fun also. I've had a bunch of chevys in the past... Nothing older than a '68 though. Now I have 3 Fords in my stable.. 2 Stangs and an F-150 pickem' up truck.

Those are 2 different blower assemblies... Both are 1/6 scale. The one with the Hilborn injector setup is from a GMP diecast 392 Hemi motor. The other is from a Revell 1/6 scale Supercharged SOHC FE FORD 427. I'm planning on using the 392 for the Willys buildup. Thanks for asking! :)

Latest posts

Back