Scam or what??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
I'm trying to sell a 47 Lincoln and a 46 Ford 1 1/2 ton truck. I have an ad in Hemmings. I recieved this in response. Sound like a scam to me. I asked him to call me but he hasn't.

What do you think?

Hello ,

Thanks for the response ,the pics for both the Ford and the Lincoln looks great and i'm okay with the price for the both ($8,500) , I'll want you to consider that it is sold to me for now. Concerning the collection , i have made arrangement with the shipping agent that will be coming for the pickup at your location as soon as we seal these transaction .

I will arrange a certified check for $12,950 in your name and you will deduct the cost of the 1947 LINCOLN and the Ford when it clears and the remaining balance will be send to the Shipper via money gram money transfer for immediate collection/shipping arrangment of the 1947 LINCOLN and the Ford because i have some other items to be shipped along with it from another location..

If this is okay with you do get back to me immediately with your....

FULL NAME :-
CONTACT ADDRESS
CELL PHONE
LANDPHONE # :-

so that the check can be sent ASAP and i will wait for the check to clears before collection commence and i'll offer you extra $100 to remove the ad and confirm this is sold to me for now..

Regards,
Brent

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Don Watenpaugh <[email protected]> wrote:

No, I will take cash when you come to pick it up OK.

Hello,

Thanks for the response , i do undestand your position and i would have love to arrange for your own check for $8,600 separately and the other $4,350 for the shipper but the check i wanted to arrange for now was the payment for the 1947 LINCOLN and the rest funds was meant to be the money for the shipper because they only receive their money via money gram or western union and i can't send money gram or western union from here but only check coz i just came to an island in Quebec for a short time project and i'll be back towards next month ending at earliest and i dont want to miss the 1947 LINCOLN to any other potential buyers, so that is why i'm sending the check to you so that when you get it and cleared it in your bank , you take your money and do me a favour of sending the rest to the shipper to come for the pickup of the 1947 LINCOLN at your location at your own convenient time and i also have some other parts to be shipped along with the 1947 LINCOLN from another location that is why the shipping cost is that much.

Here is my info for the title.. .

Brent Watson
1923 Rosenelfe Cir
San Jose, CA 95149.

Hope to read from you the details so that the check can be send to you.

Regards,
Brent

SCAM

Anybody that'll try to buy a car sight unseen is a scammer. I keep telling them CASH talks and i'll see you when you get here. They are so spineless they wont even deal with you face to face. This is one place where the internet is really draggin slime out of the corners of the earth.
just my 2 cents....thats all...if I was you..i'd wait for a real person to show up and look at it...

I just recieved a very similar email responce to my craigslist ad for my El Camino....I deleted the email...and the other 3 similar emails...but not the one from Randy that asked for my phone # so he could come look at it..:D

Thats a typical scam,those have been around for years. Dont sell anything unless there is a guy at your place with cash or bank draft .

I have sold vehicles site unseen over the internet before. But not without many emails and person to person phone calls and the buyer showing up with cash in hand to pick it up.

Dude... this is one of the oldest scams in the book. Those checks aren't worth the paper they're printed on. The only type of check I'd accept from someone like that is a US Postal Check. You have to pay for those with C-A-S-H. No scammer will send one!!! Don't waste u're time wth that!!!

BoB

Don,
you can trust me ..... just ship me the vehicles and when they're both transfered into my name, I'll send you the money.

If you like, I can send you a letter from my dear old grandmother , she'll vouch for me. Honestly. :D

Scam

I got two like that when I posted about Motorcycle frames on craiglists. I was not selling anything just make comments about titles and frames.

I gave them the address and phone number of the police department.

Definately a SCAM. I have sold stuff on CL and got that same type of responce a couple of times. I just deleated it. Unfortunatly those scams work, some of the time, otherwise they wouldn't bother, and some poor sucker gets ripped off. If it sounds too good to be true, you are fixing to get ripped off.:mad:

I just sold a 60 Sportster today after advertising yesterday. I've gotten 7 scam emails in 1 day! Everything from I'll buy it now to help me find insurance and I'll buy your bike sight unseen!!!!! Scams, scams and more scams! It's disgusting!!!...CR

Sound like it was written by someone in Nigeria.

Heck that could be part of your inheritance from the long lost uncle that had no one else to give the money to. Just send a check to Barrister Monkeynutz and you could have 6.7 million dollars US

My uncle Abdul will be at your place first thing in the morning with a certified bank check drawn on my account from the First National Bank of Haiti. It's good I promise.

Latest posts

Back