School Project!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' good , nice to see a young hotrodder gettin started in the lifestyle. Not many young guys out there building from the ground up these days, keep up the good work...:)

I found some pictures that i forgot to post, of the rear when i was switching it over to coils. The other side of the 4 link is on also. i dont have pics of anything new yet though.:)

Attachments

• qq.jpg
    qq.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 102
  • q.jpg
    q.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 121
  • qqqqq.jpg
    qqqqq.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 63
  • qqqq.jpg
    qqqq.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 57
  • qqq.jpg
    qqq.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 82
Ive had the 4 link done for a while. got the panhard bar on. My dad made the panhard bar and all the brackets on the whole truck. We design them together and he makes them. All thats left for the rear is shocks and to make the 4 link adjustable. I'm going to hold out on shocks for right now.

Attachments

• 4link.jpg
    4link.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 4link ride height.jpg
    4link ride height.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 4link panhard bar.jpg
    4link panhard bar.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 4link rear.jpg
    4link rear.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 82
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 52
Also got the wishbones bent. Theres still alot of work to get it rolling again. Once the front is back together and mounted on the sides. I want to go on to the cab, and do the floor and mounts and the ressesed firewall and a chop.:)

Attachments

• 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 2c.jpg
    2c.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 2d.jpg
    2d.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 2e.jpg
    2e.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 107
Rusty, It's cold out and the garage heater decided to die. We got it fixed now so ill get to work. We've been working on my full fendered 50 recently. Because i dont need to spend money on it yet.

nice

when you heated the wishbones to bend em'...did you have to block the front of em to get em' to bend.....basically how did you do it

hey i just wanted to say great job on this. I'm only 17 and wish i had started building something like this when i was in the 10th grade. My dad and i are starting a project here soon so hopefully you guys will get to see it. :D

when you heated the wishbones to bend em'...did you have to block the front of em to get em' to bend.....basically how did you do it

We took the spring off and when it was time to heat them the seperated wishbones were stuck on the axle so all we had to do was heat them for a long time then stand it up and have a person pulling on each side. Bend a little then check it and go till it was ending up next to the frame almost parrallel. we were planning on putting a bar in the hole where the spring mounted and having someone hold on that then pull the wishbone. I guess we got lucky.

hey i just wanted to say great job on this. I'm only 17 and wish i had started building something like this when i was in the 10th grade. My dad and i are starting a project here soon so hopefully you guys will get to see it. :D

Thanks, Can't wait to see what you build.:)

Well we finally worked on this again this weekend. My old spring mount was to short, everytime any weight would be on the chassis the axle would hit. So wee cut the mount off. We made a new plate about 2 inches longer. Since the 2 plates were on the thicker side we heated them about red hot then welded them. It worked really good. We plan on beefing these up way more .We also got hew shackle's on the front.

Attachments

• fend5.jpg
    fend5.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 41
  • fend4.jpg
    fend4.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 53
  • fend3.jpg
    fend3.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 49
  • fend1.jpg
    fend1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 32
  • fend2.jpg
    fend2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 25
Next we ordered 5/8 weld in bungs, and 5/8 rod ends from speedway. first i welded the bungs in. Then we found some plates and made some mounts, and welded them on the frame. Then bolted it all together. Threw the wheels back on, and jumped on it. Its finally only missing shocks front and rear. :)

Attachments

• fend7.jpg
    fend7.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 42
  • fend8.jpg
    fend8.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 40
  • fend9.jpg
    fend9.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 43
  • fend10.jpg
    fend10.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 48
  • fend11.jpg
    fend11.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 48
We put the motor back in just for fun.

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 38
  • motor4.jpg
    motor4.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 28
  • motor3.jpg
    motor3.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 30
  • motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 45
  • fend12.jpg
    fend12.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 25
Mocked up the headers that i want to run. Thats it for this weekend. :)

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 27
  • headers1.jpg
    headers1.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 26
  • headers2.jpg
    headers2.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 36
  • headers3.jpg
    headers3.jpg