score of the year

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willysrod

well for me at least......

I went to a pull it yourself junk yard with a friend on last friday just to see what was out there in the sea of late models. well after figuring it was a total loss on a wasted day looking for 5 speed trannys, I spotted a couple early '80's jaguars. so curiosity got the better of me and I asked on the way out how much a xj6 rear end goes for. the lady says $76.00 plus a $10.00 core charge (the last one I paid $200.00 for and traded for a 427 bbc). then to make the find even better it turns out all I had to do was wait till the weekend was over and its 50% off today and wednesday. so my friend and I go back today so he could get some caddy parts and I walked away with a complete '83 jaguar xj6 rear end for $46 and change. for those unfamiliar with these, they have center mounted disc brakes, 4 coil over shocks, and the whole thing is independent. time to get cleaning. oh yeah and there are 2 more in the yard.

Last edited:
I think I would be asking that lady for prices on LOTS of stuff!! :eek: How come we don't have pick and pulls like that down here? :(

Good score, now go get the other 2. :)

Don

I would get the others, but I enjoy sleeping inside too much. pictures are a long way away. I need to finish the engine first. looking for 2 500 carbs for the tunnel ram, a cam, lifters, rocker arm assemblies, and other odds and ends.

I have an early '50's 5 window chevy truck I plan the stretch the cab 6'' and use the 427bbc I am building with a turbo 400 (for now), dodge dakota front suspension from industrial chassis (if I don't end up with a full frame from those guys), and the jag rear end. kind of a shinny street rod theme I am going after with this one. I have owned it for almost 10 years and have not really done anything but collect parts and tear it all apart.

Last edited:
Hey Willsrod, I just saw 2 500 carbs on Craigslist Los angeles tonight. If I could be of some help, let me know.

Good score on the rearend.

Sweet Deal!

I get a good deal and ejoy it eveytime I see the part--Get that smug, warm N fuzzy inside smile thing. I may enjoy it a little too much:p..

Some wise man said-- "A young man is always lookin for a good woman. A middle aged man is always looking for a good Deal, and an old man is always looking for a good bowel movement."

I'm a middle/old guy..;)

PA41

Sweet Deal!

I
Some wise man said-- "A young man is always lookin for a good woman. A middle aged man is always looking for a good Deal, and an old man is always looking for a good bowel movement."

I'm a middle/old guy..;)

PA41

Does that mean you have a great deal of bowel movement????? :eek::D:D:D

Don

there is a swap meet this saturday i thought about bringing this one out and seeing the responce i get out of it. if there is a need then i will supply.

Latest posts

Back