Scrap metal prices way down!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmw56

Busted and Rusted on Route 66
Last year at work I was getting $360 per ton for scrap steel. Last week I got $26 per ton. Good thing we recycled over 90% of the scrap steel we had for recycling last year.

Have the retail prices for new metal gone down also? I haven't bought anything for awhile.

My steel supplier says they are headed down, but not as much as scrap. Figures. He says in a couple of months steel should be back down like it was a couple of years ago.

Thank goodness!

I'm really glad steel prices are headed down!!! They were crushing old cars around here like crazy but hopefully that too will pass!!! I went to a 250 acre lot where they crushed over 1/2 of it... really sad!!!

BoB

When scrap was up in Wv and Va it got so bad that people were stealing stuff to scrap... Just about anything they could get their hands on... I was workin for an unnamed company in Salem, Va and we did a lot of fab work and just scrapped A LOT of good metal... So every evening I'd go out to the scrap bin and throw a few things in the bed every night before I went home... We'd throw away stuff as big as 5'x5' pieces of chromed diamond plate aluminum and 1/4" thick diamond plated stainless steel, 14g - 22g stainless steel... If it wasn't stainless, we didn't use it... I still got a stock pile out back from my last few runs...

Been trying to get some copper bought in the last couple of days. One supplier priced out $350 a sheet, and the next guy I called says $165. Old prices, new prices. Copper is going down too.

i do some salvage stuff myself and the prices were the same as dmw56, i was getting 330.00 a ton last year and now its 25.00 a ton, people were stealing the manhole covers off the roads around here for scrap, another guy got electricuted trying to steel some copper wire from the hydro lines, crazy people...

i do some salvage stuff myself and the prices were the same as dmw56, i was getting 330.00 a ton last year and now its 25.00 a ton, people were stealing the manhole covers off the roads around here for scrap, another guy got electricuted trying to steel some copper wire from the hydro lines, crazy people...

LMAO @ manhole covers... Anyone have any really bad accidents?

Latest posts

Back