scrub line

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So if I have 6" from the rim to ground then were should I put my frame. I know the chances are slim to have 2 front flats,but If I have one how much would that corner drop?

Are you Z-ing your frame?

Uh...probably about 6". If you stretch a string from the bottom of a rim of one tire to the contact patch of the other three tires, nothing should below that string or it will scrub in a blow out. Do it with all 4 tires. Extend the string past the 'flat tire' to make sure your bumper, etc. wouldn't hit ground if need be.

Exhaust is optional.

I wouldn't want a straight axle below the edges of the rims at all.

KEEP IN MIND: Just because it's above the scrub line for a flat on level ground, it might still get hung up going into a parking lot!

Are you Z-ing your frame?

Uh...probably about 6". If you stretch a string from the bottom of a rim of one tire to the contact patch of the other three tires, nothing should below that string or it will scrub in a blow out. Do it with all 4 tires. Extend the string past the 'flat tire' to make sure your bumper, etc. wouldn't hit ground if need be.

Exhaust is optional.

I wouldn't want a straight axle below the edges of the rims at all.

KEEP IN MIND: Just because it's above the scrub line for a flat on level ground, it might still get hung up going into a parking lot!

Yes I am going to z it front and rear, So I will make it 6" fully loaded. I plan on doing the front like the one in the pic and the rear will be straight up and down. Wish me luck I am probably going to do it this weekend. thanks for the help.I know it looks like I have scrubline issues already its a combo of the camera angle and I need to turn those bolts the other way.

Attachments

• Zed003.jpg
    Zed003.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 20
This is what the California Vehicle Code says. I'm sure that most states must be about the same.

24008. It is unlawful to operate any passenger vehicle, or
commercial vehicle under 6,000 pounds, which has been modified from
the original design so that any portion of the vehicle, other than
the wheels, has less clearance from the surface of a level roadway
than the clearance between the roadway and the lowermost portion of
any rim of any wheel in contact with the roadway.

Keith

It may not be a big deal now, but remember with something real low, speed bumps may be a hang up! Son #2 went to visit his big brother in his lowrider minitruck and couldn't get over the speed bumps in his neighborhood! You never know where you may have to go....CR:)
PHP:

It may not be a big deal now, but remember with something real low, speed bumps may be a hang up! Son #2 went to visit his big brother in his lowrider minitruck and couldn't get over the speed bumps in his neighborhood! You never know where you may have to go....CR:)
PHP:
[/QUOTE]

I had that prob in the old Daytripper in the beginning because the master was under the floor & got caught in a place where I was forced to go over a speed bump & it affected the brakes. I finally put a plate under that but it wasn't fun @ the time!

BoB

This is what the California Vehicle Code says. I'm sure that most states must be about the same.

Uh...1/2 the states probably don't even have any regulation on it. Just sayin' that CA laws are about the toughest in the USA.

I thought seriously about scrub line because I'm running bags and can lay frame. I plan to have some kind of removable dead stop on the fronts for highway driving.

Oh, I asked about scrub line once on a lowrider forum - they either had no clue or flamed me for even thinking about it.

Yes I am going to z it front and rear, So I will make it 6" fully loaded. I plan on doing the front like the one in the pic and the rear will be straight up and down. Wish me luck I am probably going to do it this weekend. thanks for the help.I know it looks like I have scrubline issues already its a combo of the camera angle and I need to turn those bolts the other way.

Make sure you temporarily brace your frame like in your first pic![;)

Latest posts

Back