"Secret Willys Revival" (My chopped '53)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wood bed looks great.....

Just looks a bit "new" to go with the rest.... did you smell the wood burning:eek: lol Last time i smelled wood burning I was thinking too hard...:D nice job......

Ray, you are a good builder and a very entetaining writer. I look forward to all your updates.

Thanks Bob, you are too kind
bow-smiley.gif
I try to be as entertaining as possible to make up for my lack of building skills :eek:
Glad you enjoy my thread.

Ray

I missed the wood bed - looks great! What are you going to do for headlights?

The bed looks good:D

Just looks a bit "new" to go with the rest.... nice job......

Thanks guys, the bed is temporary until I get the time and money....and work up enough nerve to build the metal bed I want. I left it rough and I'm doing nothing to preserve it so it might age pretty fast........[S That may be how I got old so fast :eek::D

As for the headlights I filled them in way back when I started in preparation for square headlights :rolleyes: Hey, it was 1983 and they were in:eek: Luckily I have now come to my senses and plan to go with round ones (probably a set of those flat lens ones that take modern bulbs) and the plan at this point is to tunnel them in a couple inches and maybe have some eyebrows ???

Nice. Now we need a video of you rippin` down your driveway [cl

Hmmmmm, will have to see what I can do about that [ddd

Stay tuned,

Ray

Buried with work and other projects this weekend so no actual work on the Willys :( I spent this afternoon cleaning up my woodworking shop which is connected to my garage in preparation to refinish some kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts for my wife's sister. During that process I cut up some rags to refill my Breadbox turned "57 Special" rag box.........

ragboxLarge.jpg

.......I thought maybe some of you might get a kick out of one pile of rags I cut up

ragpileLarge.jpg

....anyone recognize them :confused::D

If no one figures it out I'll tell ya tomorrow;)

Ray

I'll give a hint, it makes an appearance in post 215, 225, 239 and 262..... It lived a good life. ;)

looking good.. I hadent check in here in awhile.. I really like the 57 spear in the hood.. a very nice touch

I'll give a hint, it makes an appearance in post 215, 225, 239 and 262..... It lived a good life. ;)

it's the old faithful T-shirt:D

Ah yes, twas the "Summer of the Aqua T-Shirt" LOL I noticed awhile back while looking back through my build thread that there are at least 15 pics of me in what appears to be "the only shirt I own" :eek: Actually there are about 5 aqua T-Shirts in that pile.........Mrs. Snake Farm found them on sale by the bushel or something:D They're about gone now though.... wonder what next summer's color will be :confused:

looking good.. I hadent check in here in awhile.. I really like the 57 spear in the hood.. a very nice touch

Thanks CORPO, glad you like it. And the good part is I have a spare :D

To be continued,

Ray

I'm glad I found your post I'm picking up a 53 this week I'm going to drop it rat it out ... Seeing your build helps me alot love the hood spear any more updates

Thanks Hudyhue, sorry no progress lately......my job and other commitments are getting in the way :) I'm hoping for a little winter slow down before too long so I can get back to the Willys. When you get yours home start up a build thread and post up some pics, be cool to have another Willys in the mix here. [cl

Or he is adding more rubber bands for a harder lanch off the line to shave a couple more seconds off the drag down the drive:D the old willy is coming along nice[cl

Well folks like a bad scene from the wizard of oz, the Willy's has put an end to our dear friend Ray...........either that or he finally got a few minutes to rub together and put the demon tune on the old girl.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60200818@N04/6247564339/

6247564339_f9aed3d92d_z.jpg
[/url]
IMAG0209 by bronson.mcnemar, on Flickr[/IMG]

Well contrary to the rumor propagated by that sneaky "Rat Guy" (how did he get that pic without me seeing him anyway?) the Willys did NOT fall out of the sky and land on me :eek:

Or he is adding more rubber bands for a harder lanch off the line to shave a couple more seconds off the drag down the drive

And yes I was indeed putting a new tune on the "old girl" ........:rolleyes:okay, I was hooking up the vac line on the trans and I even hooked the distributor vac line up right while I was at it :eek: Runs much better now and there's a new "Driveway ET" to prove it [ddd Sometimes a lower ET is a result of a good tune........sometimes it comes by putting a younger more aggressive driver behind the wheel.

Nice. Now we need a video of you rippin` down your driveway [cl

Ask and you shall receive! New ET 0:44.00 ! Subtract the little scratchy burnout and the dry hop and I believe we are solidly in the high 30's !
Check it out >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFgtfXloTVE

Hope you all enjoy the video, I also took a couple pretty cool pics yesterday that I'll post later.

To be continued,

Ray

Latest posts

Back