Sectioning a Model A

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I hope you're not over 5' tall, 'cause there isn't alot of room inside a Model A to start out with, and with a chop, channel, and section, you'll never be able to get in it!

Not to be a spoil sport but I think sectioning those bodies destroys the proportions of one of the most beautiful body styles ever. I like the top chopped or unchopped but don't care for sectioning. There's a chopped, sectioned and channeled one in the new Rod and Custom, see what you think! Just my .02!

Toad

I agree, the ones I have seen sectioned just look wrong. And, as mentioned, unless you are very short you will be bumping your head even if you just chop and channel it.

Don

I agree with the others that don't agree with you on sectioning your "A".

There isn't a whole lot of room in them in the first place.

If I was going to do anything RADICAL to my 30 Model A,
I would take it off the frame, Z the front and rear, to lower the whole body without taking off any/much inside room and go from there.

The modified frame and then maybe a mild top-chop would/will complete any body mods I'd do........

My A is a full-fendered unit and is going to stay that way tooooo........

I would take it off the frame, Z the front and rear, to lower the whole body without taking off any/much inside room and go from there.

That would definitely be the way to go. The problem I had with my old car was in the petal area. Channeling made it hard to operate the gas & brake & would have been a nitemare with a standard tranny. That was a big concern on my current build which has a lot more room but still a lil cramped. Having big feets doesn't help either! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Thanks

Well I am 6' 2" and now l know that wouldn't work. I saw another coupe done that way and like the way it look but l just going to z the frame and channel 3-4 inches probably less than that. Thanks everyone.

Latest posts

Back