Sheesh! Another F-1 build...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All said and done, that's one seriously violated piece of 4"x4" square tubing :eek:

101_1670.jpg

101_1672.jpg

101_1675.jpg

And I managed to get rid of the SBC! Came up with an ultra rare BOSS 283ci Ford smallblock :)

101_1683.jpg

Back in it's home..

101_1696.jpg

And I only had 2 short pieces of red fuel line left so I bent up a piece of aluminum tubing and stuck that in between the two pieces I had.

101_1694.jpg

And while the trans was out I took a better pic of the shifter so you can really see the offset in it. It stands up straight when it's gear...I've got it clamped backwards in the photo...woops

101_1685.jpg

Lookin good! What size Firestone slicks are those? What is the backspacing on the wheels. I would like to run a similar setup on my 51.

Firestone Nostalgia drag slicks size 8.20x15 on a 15x8 wheel. Not sure the back spacing. The 9" rear I'm using is about 1 1/2" narrower than the stock rear and leaves about 1/2" clearance on the inside of the wheel well and about 2 1/2" on the outside of the wheel well. I'm gonna run a wheel spacer just for peace of mind.

Boss 283

Iz that the same BOSS 283 I saw for sale in Hemmings? I think I remember an article in a mag about a guy in South America that got one out of a tractor on a rubber tree plantation, he got it out of the country just
before a military coup. And then......

Iz that the same BOSS 283 I saw for sale in Hemmings? I think I remember an article in a mag about a guy in South America that got one out of a tractor on a rubber tree plantation, he got it out of the country just

Pretty close! This was the one down the road from the rubber tree plantation, across the street from the muffler bearing factory being used to stir the drums of blinker fluid at the old Henway plant. The serial number confirmed it originally came from a '62 Mustang...hence the one year only rear mounted distributor.

Pretty close! This was the one down the road from the rubber tree plantation, across the street from the muffler bearing factory being used to stir the drums of blinker fluid at the old Henway plant. The serial number confirmed it originally came from a '62 Mustang...hence the one year only rear mounted distributor.

Man, there 3 of them for sale on Ebay right now!! :D:D

Of course everyone knows Fred Flintstone is ol' skool....but I'd like to have a place to rest my feet every once in awhile, soooo.....

Rusty crappy floorpan...

101_1701.jpg

Out with the paper...this way I'd have a template for the other side as well since it was missing some crucial points of where to cut/bend/measure in a few places.

101_1702.jpg

On to a piece of 16ga.

101_1700.jpg

Yeah, had a little less to work with on this side...

101_1707.jpg

Just flipped the template from the other side over and what do you know, perfect fit.

101_1704.jpg

Markin' it up for a few beads and a flange for the tranny cover to sit in...

101_1705.jpg

Presto-change-o

101_1706.jpg

Replaced a bad section of the toe board as well...

101_1709.jpg

A little welding and there ya have it...sorry Fred...

101_1710.jpg

101_1712.jpg

101_1713.jpg

The trans. tunnel is up next.

I only know how to do one at a time.:confused: Nice work Truant.:D

Thanks Bob! Now I just need to build a dragster to tow behind it ;)

You're using photobucket right? You can copy and paste up to 5 of the IMG Code lines...thus posting 5 photos at once. Most other sites you can post 25 or even more at once. Just be sure and put a few spaces between each "code line" so all the photos don't post side by side making the page a mile wide :eek:

Thanks everybody! Glad you all like it so far :D

Just got the trans. tunnel finished up tonight :cool:

Cut out the first piece...

101_1715.jpg

Then out with the paper once again...

101_1719.jpg

Then this is the part where I keep getting interrupted by the perfect weather and keep wandering outside just to sit around...and forget to take any pictures....DOH! :eek:

Well, here it is all together...

101_1728.jpg

101_1726.jpg

101_1729.jpg

In case you're wondering why I didn't roll the beads at the top all the way across....cause that's where my foot rest for the go pedal.

101_1720.jpg

Hmmm...it seems when you don't work on something nothing gets done...who would have thought?! :eek:

Anyhow, here's the lastest...

I got a Stewart Warner fuel gauge and sender from Speedway...one problem...the sender is for the 5 bolt style gas tank and my gas tank has 6 holes....hmmm...

101_1746.jpg

So I cut out a 3 1/2" diameter by 1/4" thick piece of steel...

101_1748.jpg

Made a template of the hole pattern..

101_1750.jpg

And drilled it...

101_1751.jpg

Latest posts

Back