Sheesh! Another F-1 build...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everybody! It's back outside for right now while I wait to get the parts I need. Doing some work on my Dad's '52 Caddy trying to get it on the road. :)

Nice project. It looks like its gonna turn out very good. I have been wanting one of those for a very long time. I hope you enjoy every minute of it. Nice build.

Went to the junkyard and got a radiator for it. Capped the inlet and outlets off with a piece of inner tube and a hose clamp, filled it up with water and put a little air pressure in it. Didn't see any leaks so I put it in and got everything hooked back up. Fixed the leaky temp. sender as well.

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

And I finally got a decent outside picture of it...I think it's looking pretty good...

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0044.jpg

After getting that stuff done I tweaked the timing a little bit and fixed a leaky fuel line so I could run it up to temp. and burp the air out of the radiator...so here's the much awaited run video of that ever so rare Boss 283ci

I overfilled the rad. a little bit so don't mind the water works :eek:

I just viewed your build from start to finish - I enjoyed it immensely, you are a real details guy with lots of patience. Awesome job.

+++++++
1950 F47

Thanks so much everyone! It was nice to see it outside in one piece finally... even if it was raining a little :D

Got a driveshaft made for it today so it's one step closer to a test run :D

Need to bleed the brakes and it should be ready for a test run :eek::D

I got my new pinion seal in, driveshaft in, and rear brakes figured out [S and put together. Another solid day or so of work and it should be ready for a test run [cl

To my neighbors: I did NOT just make the maiden voyage in the '48, I did NOT blast up and down the street with open manifolds and no exhaust.

To the rest of ya: The '48 is ALLLLLIVE! [ddd The hydraulic clutch setup seems to work great, as do the power brakes and steering. The trans. shifted great and nothing fell off or blew up. Still got a list of things to do but it went down the road under it's own power so I'm happy with it [cl

Latest posts

Back