shorty 47 caddy hearse...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartt

Had a buddy drop by today to show off his winter project..47 caddy ambulance / hearse. cut 51 inches out and put on chevelle frame..what u think....[cl

Attachments

• 0405131604.jpg
    0405131604.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 154
Well......you certainly won't see one of those very often...

Had a buddy drop by today to show off his winter project..47 caddy ambulance / hearse. cut 51 inches out and put on chevelle frame..what u think....[cl

I'm not sure what happened on the roof center section or was / is that supposed to be so high?? Either way....it's certainly something different...:D

The roof needs a lot of flattening, the angle of the door window really draws your eye to the fact that the center of the roof looks peaked like a house roof...

Doesn't look so high there....

Not photoshopped. Side view photo[cl

is there a support right at that point? Or could he just split it and drop it and then weld it back up.??? Question is...what does he think?? Is he good with it as is? If so, God bless him.....drive the wheels off it.....:D

hat

look mom, l can wear my 10 gallon cowboy hat while l drive, won't even hit it on the roof when l bounce thru these pesky potholes.:D

0R

maybe he's 8 feet tall and needed the head room:eek:

Later :cool:

Attachments

• hoss.jpg
    hoss.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 5
  • hoss 1.jpg
    hoss 1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 5
After looking closer.....

the problem came in with the bathtub curve from front to back... when he move the back up, both of the highest spots on the roof came together.....

What probably should have happened is make the split in the middle of the rear door, and graft the two doors together, still would have required some flattening of the roof, but the window shape would have fixed a lot of the angle issues too, of course all in my own humble opinion here...

Either that or even now cut the rear portion of the front door window frame, and add in the portion from the rear door...

Whoa whoa whoa...slow down there Tex!!

look mom, l can wear my 10 gallon cowboy hat while l drive, won't even hit it on the roof when l bounce thru these pesky potholes.:D

0R

maybe he's 8 feet tall and needed the head room:eek:

Wasn't there a show Max Headroom???

Lord, I've got to type faster.....lol

What probably should have happened is make the split in the middle of the rear door, and graft the two doors together, still would have required some flattening of the roof, but the window shape would have fixed a lot of the angle issues too, of course all in my own humble opinion here...

Either that or even now cut the rear portion of the front door window frame, and add in the portion from the rear door...

I'm like a post or two behind..... DR you are correct.... would have made a lot flatter area and smooth the transition a ton...... but..as you said..just our opinions.....

drive

but.................

l'd still drive the heck outta it everwhere l could:D

Attachments

• i_drive_a_car_cause_the_short_bus_wasnt_short_tshirt-rab89034bfa844e6ba1981e0e1888bbe8_804gs_512.jpg
    i_drive_a_car_cause_the_short_bus_wasnt_short_tshirt-rab89034bfa844e6ba1981e0e1888bbe8_804gs_512.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back