Should be able to start on the Dodge Brothers soon.... Garage is almost done!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

I started on my '27 Dodge and quickly realized I needed to re-vamp my shop. So, that's what I've been doing for the past couple months.

Here's the mess I started with.
garage012.jpg

Some random pics along the way...
garage015.jpg

garage014.jpg

garage017.jpg

garage018.jpg

garage021.jpg

garage022.jpg

garage013.jpg

All I have left to do is put all of my tools where they go, organize the shelves and the storage barn, build a mechanical room in the storage barn and hook up the furnace and air compressor...

Here's the "finished" product.

garage030.jpg

garage029.jpg

garage027.jpg

garage028.jpg

Very nice. I like the metal ceiling. If you don't mind me asking, how costly is that stuff?

Your Dodge looks super too. A great start.

I was wondering how the progress was going on the Dodge.

But, that revamp on the garage was a very good plan. Turned out great! [cl

Now get back on that Dodge. :D[P

Thanks fellas!

Bob, this metal was FREE!!!! We had a hail storm go through in June... The metal was on the roof of my garage and part of my house. I had them pile it up in the yard so I could re-use it. [cl
But, it is fairly inexpensive. Around here, it is under $2 a foot and covers 3' (width).

I built the carport a couple years ago, to have a place to store my tractors... I used some of the metal to close it in and bought new for the front.
garage_007.jpg

garage_008.jpg

Needed a doorway...
garage_005.jpg

garage_009.jpg

That's an awesome shop you got now, but if I may make one suggestion. Get rid of them curly lights, there a fire hazard, when they burn out they tend to burn up. Also if one breaks you've got a hazmat zone. Very toxic.

Thanks guys! I'm WAY past ready to work on the Dodge. I've been (seems like) all summer on the remodel. Almost done now though. The furnace should be going in sometime in the next week and most of my tools are put away.

roddguy, I have never heard that. I have them in every light fixture on the place and have been using them since they came out. Even more of a hazmat zone than the full size (8') flourescent bulbs like I used to have in the shop? Looks like I need to do some research... :(

Latest posts

Back