show your chevy love

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my bow tie . I know it has a Ford box. I don't think that is staying. I would like to keep it purebred or custom. The cab is a '45 Chevy, the engine is mid 80's 305 and 350 turbo, the frontend is a '54 Chev with a speedway disk brake conversion, quarter elipicals is cut out of the '54 springs, rearend is out of a '77 Nova, the grill is going to be custom built, I am thinking about custom building a box for it as well. I am hoping to have it ready for a car show the 1st of June. I have a long ways to go and not much time left.

Ken

Attachments

• 63.JPG
    63.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 48
What was/is this thing? year model etc?

They were made buy Nissan [Datsun] for Chevrolet and sold as a Chey Luv truck. I think they were first sold about 1975 thru 1985?...They were pretty cool, had adjustable torsion bar front suspension with disc brakes. Had a strong frame but were crowded inside. Most had Isuzu motors. I dropped a Small Block in one, had to move the radiator forward and build a doghouse for the powerglide transmission. But it was fast 11.40s 1/4 mi...:D

Well here's some of mine, since we're admiring ole chebbys.......Oh they're all chevy tooooo..........57-50-64-85 stock car.. The truck side view on the left is a 90 chev 1/2t...

Attachments

• Pictures-13.jpg
    Pictures-13.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 22
They were made buy Nissan [Datsun] for Chevrolet and sold as a Chey Luv truck. I think they were first sold about 1975 thru 1985?...They were pretty cool, had adjustable torsion bar front suspension with disc brakes. Had a strong frame but were crowded inside. Most had Isuzu motors. I dropped a Small Block in one, had to move the radiator forward and build a doghouse for the powerglide transmission. But it was fast 11.40s 1/4 mi...:D

Cool truck, never owned one myself. Jeez, have hardly ever seen one here in the rust belt! Your engine comment was right on the money for the WHOLE truck-they were built by Isuzu Motors for chevrolet from bumper-to-bumper.

A funny irony is how MUCH later, Isuzu "Hombre" pickups were nothing more than rebadged Chevy S-10's! ;)

Regards,
Shea:)

Whats up guys? not to many older chevys out there, Well here is mine with a long way to go but now I bought my own welder so Im back in business[;). 34 chevy, 73 buick 455, 68 old turbo 400, 86 4x4 chevy 10 bolt posi rear, 91 izuzu trooper rear leafs, and stock front with a flipped stock axle, 6" chop and no channel,I bobbed the bed 1'10", suicide doors, and I am going to z the frame heavilly. Oh yeah and zoomies[dr

Attachments

• l 018.jpg
    l 018.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 15
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 9
mine [ddev

not a rat, but l LOVE my truck.:D

1969 swb, 396 motor / turbo 400 transmission

Later[dr

Attachments

• HPIM0790.JPG
    HPIM0790.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 10
  • jim truck4.jpg
    jim truck4.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 12
  • jjim truck 1.jpg
    jjim truck 1.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_0804.jpg
    100_0804.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 10
Whats up guys? not to many older chevys out there, Well here is mine with a long way to go but now I bought my own welder so Im back in business[;). 34 chevy, 73 buick 455, 68 old turbo 400, 86 4x4 chevy 10 bolt posi rear, 91 izuzu trooper rear leafs, and stock front with a flipped stock axle, 6" chop and no channel,I bobbed the bed 1'10", suicide doors, and I am going to z the frame heavilly. Oh yeah and zoomies[dr
Good to see you kept your truck[clLooking forward to your build...

Latest posts

Back