show your head....liner

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoveled71

Looking for cool headliner ideas, the top in my 56 Ford pu is just bare metal, dont really want to just put an replacement in there, any ideas? Spike

I dont have a headliner but here,s my
doors.

Attachments

• REB pride.JPG
    REB pride.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 51
blanket

I use a Dale Earnhardt blanket in my 60.Alomost fits the whole top inside. Kinda goes with my color scheme in the interior. I got a Metallica banner in my truck.Dont haveany pics right now, but believe me, they look cool.

Got to thinking about the headliner thing. I have seen a couple of different cars with what has to be some sort of computer print shop hocus pokus. Both were from British Columbia. One had a plaid firewall and door panels to match and the other was a 55 Chev. The top was "painted" as it were with covers from old rod magazines, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Rod and Custom, Honk, etc. as well as the door panels. Don't have a clue how its done but could work for the headliner IF it can be done from the inside.

You could use what ever picture or poster you like. Here is the fire wall. If anyone knows how this is done please share. I don't think it could have been a decal of some sort because it was on so perfect with every little bump and line.

Attachments

• firewall.jpg
    firewall.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 52
Got to thinking about the headliner thing. I have seen a couple of different cars with what has to be some sort of computer print shop hocus pokus. Both were from British Columbia. One had a plaid firewall and door panels to match and the other was a 55 Chev. The top was "painted" as it were with covers from old rod magazines, Hot Rod, Car Craft, Rod and Custom, Honk, etc. as well as the door panels. Don't have a clue how its done but could work for the headliner IF it can be done from the inside.

You could use what ever picture or poster you like. Here is the fire wall. If anyone knows how this is done please share. I don't think it could have been a decal of some sort because it was on so perfect with every little bump and line.

Are you sure it wasent some type of vynal(sp).It looks like some real heavy wallpaper vynal.

I made my interior out of antique potato sacks I found. Took 2 of them, cut one side off and placed on one side for driver side and cut opposite side on next and used it for passenger side. Kinda cool.

Attachments

• Backyard Shots interior 2.jpg
    Backyard Shots interior 2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Backyard Shots Interior 3.jpg
    Backyard Shots Interior 3.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 18
A head liner. I knew I was forgetting something. Man now its going to take another year to get the truck done.

On my model T pickup For the roof I used a piece of boiler plate with a riveted seam down the middle and a bullet hole. I think it just looks to cool from the under side to cover it up.

The 40 ford sedan has the original in it yet and its in good shape. thinking of keeping it.

Last edited:
head liner

i ordered a couple of these dont know how their gonna look yet but you can bet i'll post pics! dp1

Attachments

• headliner.png
    headliner.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back