Small piece of me!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CR55

It's just a little surface rust!
Yesterday I sold my 48 Harley panhead. I've had that bike for 28 years and built it from the assorted boxes I brought it home in. Very sad to watch it being loaded into the back of the new owner's truck!:(..I'll sure be happy when the economy gets up and running again! A liitle piece of me drove away also in the bed of that pickup!:(.Now I know how you felt, Don..CR

Attachments

• motorcycle 001.jpg
    motorcycle 001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 31
CR55 Thats a hard thing to do getting rid of your bike, they sure become a part of us. Keep your head up theres more bikes to be had we all need the economy to get better

I know the feeling. I sold my 48 pan in 1982 for a down payment on a much needed house. I had 5 kids, so family had to come first. I just traded off my chopper for a car (race car/trading stock) because of arthritis in my hands. still sucks. At least I still have my trusty Road King left and other cars to play with.

28 years...holy smokes, really bums you out when something has to go and you weren't really ready to see it happen. I think we have all been there at one time or other, so we know how you feel.

I feel your pain. I bought a 52 pan in 1974, built it as a chopper and rode to Bike Week 4 years in a row. Then rode across country and back during the winter of 78-79. Had to sell when money got tight. Lots of memories but you gotta what ya gotta do!!...:(

hate to hear it CR, i've not had anything that long that i ever had to part with, so i can't say "i know what you're going thru", but i can say that there is admiration from me for a guy that does make sacrifices to "keep the bills paid"

A few years ago I sold my 70 FLH I owned for 17 years. It was my first bike. In a few months the money was gone, the bike was gone and I'll probably never scrape up enough to get another one. Nowdays I don't sell my valuable stuff, just tough it out and get through, everything still comes out about the same.

Yep CR, sometimes we do what we gotta do, but it still stings a little each time. :( Sorry to hear about your bike, but things will turn around and you will get another one, trust me. Over the years I had to sell of lots of my half finished projects when some family emergency came up, but those cars are only a memory now and I take comfort in the fact it helped get us through.

Don

Thanks guys. That was the bike I thought I would never sell, but s*** happens and yeah, you do what you gotta do. I've been sitting on a 55 Harley in parts for a loooooong time, so at least I have that to fall back on. I had my car and bike for sale and figured whichever one sold first would be the salvation of the other...I let myself get into this situation and I don't have anyone to blame but myself!!!!:( Oh well, drop back and punt as they say! Life continues on..:D...CR

Latest posts

Back