Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked it up and I learned a new word, "Ceraunophiliac".

.[/QUOTE]

bit hard to pronounce id say !!. me too found some stunning pics though...

I looked it up and I learned a new word, "Ceraunophilia

bit hard to pronounce id say !!.

found some stunning pics though... beautiful .. theres a bucket list vacation !

Cerauno what???:eek: Might be something to that...I can remember some pretty spectacular parking during some of the thunderstorms,,,probably all that jumping and dodging when all those bizillion volts are popping the airwaves... [ddd

Seriously though, some of the times I've been caught out in those things on the water, you learn to pray...that's one thing that will make me and my fishing buddy exit stage right!:D

Cerauno what???:eek: Might be something to that...I can remember some pretty spectacular parking during some of the thunderstorms,,,probably all that jumping and dodging when all those bizillion volts are popping the airwaves... [ddd

Seriously though, some of the times I've been caught out in those things on the water, you learn to pray...that's one thing that will make me and my fishing buddy exit stage right!:D

[ddd[ddd[ddd [cl

Thanks guys! It's been a rough couple months with all the stuff that's happened around here. Good to be mobile again. Motor is running nice. Staying cool and I'm being easy on it breaking it in.
I'll post some pix after while if I can get my camera to work. I found a pretty solid piece of cast iron laying in the oil on the 305. Funny thing is,,,I can't seem to find where it came from. I looked for a long time yesterday and intend on looking again. Outside of it being what looks like cast iron, I haven't really matched the shape to anything on the block or heads

Are you saying in the oil pan or the drained oil???

It was in the catch pan from when I drained the oil on the 305.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Size you can see in relation to a dime. It's slightly curved. The curved edges are smooth cast but unmilled. Inner surface is cast smooth but not milled. The outer surface looks like it had a lug but exhibits grind marks like there is where an impact occured. I haven't found any broken places in the block or heads...[S

Attachments

• DSCN0711.jpg
    DSCN0711.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0713.jpg
    DSCN0713.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0714.jpg
    DSCN0714.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0716.jpg
    DSCN0716.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 52
Sorry about the clarity on the pix! My new camera has given up too I guess. The light in the view screen isn't working now. Can't see your target much at all ...jeesh!

What ever it is it sure doesn't belong there.:eek:
I'm voting for a piston skirt. Would be hard for a piece that big to migrate from the upper end into the pan. But.... Stranger things have happened.
Torchie

Pistons are aluminum...or alloy of...
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0719.jpg
    DSCN0719.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0718.jpg
    DSCN0718.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts