So I hit 10,000 miles for the summer tonight!!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last-Call

As it says, tonight, at 2:00 am and about 40 something out side, went on a little run after work and hit 10,000 miles. This might not be a big deal to you, but this is so huge to me, and to Donny. For me to run this thing for 6 months and have no major problems with that many miles.....I guess that means we did it right. Heres the funny part, my " daily driver" got 3300 miles this summer, so I guess that means it's my new daily driver huh?

Oh yeah, as far as me selling the car....I chocked. I had a guy from out of state book a flight, line up a taxi to my house, and he was to drive it home. When I go the 1st half of the money wired to me.....I freaked out, LOL, that night I could not even sleep! I could not think of what it would take to replace this car. So I returned the money to him and told him the truth. I am just not ready to sell this car yet.

I was pumped and thought I would share. How many miles did you guys do this summer?

Picture.jpg

I'm ashamed! I've got more than a few running hot rods and I hardly drive them. My main source of pleasure is building, building, building. It's a sickness I tell ya. Probably did under a 1,000 miles this summer.

Drive the wheels off of it then install new wheels and drive it some more. I have put a little over 6000 trouble free miles on mine since I built 2 1/2 years ago. I drive it every day the weather is good(no top), I do only live a mile from work. Some people are worried their car might get dirty or get bugs on the winshield :rolleyes:. Wash it or drive it dirty, just drive it and enjoy it and have fun. Life is too short to worry about silly things like finger prints and dust.
Tim

So, is the guy who "bought" the car and went through all those motions putting a contract out on you? Around here, people kill for less. :eek::D:D

Don

So, is the guy who "bought" the car and went through all those motions putting a contract out on you? Around here, people kill for less. :eek::D:D

Don

At least he wasn't at his doorstep already! If the buyer is a true car man, he'll understand. Probably for him, there is another car to BUY somewheres else anyway.

LOL yeah, he was not the happiest guy when I told him, but I had his money back at his bank before he even checked. But he told me it is a standing offer. I have talked with him a few times and is looks like he got a bobber truck, but he said he still would take mine at the drop of a hat. I told him to not hold his breath......I still have some miles to turn and people to scare!

LMAO.....lol......very cool :p
Left him with his tongue hangen.......lol.....
I put some miles on my Ultr Classic electra Glide this summer. The truck collected dust and one of the tires was slashed by some POS in the hood.
So I left the truck in the driveway and road the bike some few K miles. It is only 34*F in the mornings around here, and as long as there is no snow or ice, I will still be riding into the depth of winter.:eek::cool:

Maximo

Latest posts

Back