So tattoos of Rat Rods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres my rat unfinnished

Attachments

• tat 001.jpg
    tat 001.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 55
Yeah, I'm old, but I just don't get tatoos.........especially ones that cover huge amounts of skin. I know it is currently more acceptable than it used to be, but it does sort of mark you (no pun intended) as a little outside the mainstream and can hurt your chances for some jobs and other things in the future.

A good friend of my two Sons is a super nice guy, but he has his arms tatoo'd down to the wrists. He wanted to not work in junkyards any more so my Sons recommended him for a position as Assistant Property Manager at a complex my one Son manages. The guy had to wear long sleeve shirts for the interviews, and every day at work when he finally did get the job. Up north than might not be a problem, but here in Florida short sleeves are so much more comfortable. He also had to keep his shirt buttoned all the way up because he had some tats on his neckline.

I fully expect some flack for posting what I have said, and that is ok. Just sayin' that as much as we say we don't care what other people think about us, in reality sometimes other peoples opinions do affect our jobs, housing, and social position. A cool little tatoo that is hidden is one thing, but I am talking about the ones that cover lots of skin. I think it is fair to say, since I was on the hiring end a lot of times, that if two guys show up for a job and one has tatoos the one with no tatoos will probably fare better, even if both are equally qualified. That is just the reality.

Don

Just to lighten it up a bit:

One of my college buddies went down to Mexico for spring break. After way too many tequilla shots and who knows what else, he ended up in a tatoo shop. He woke up many hours later with a big, full color cartoon on his thigh of Scooby and Shaggy dancing together, complete with little musical notes above thier heads. It was low enough on his thigh that it stuck out the bottom of his shorts!

Nothing even remotely cool about that.

Just to lighten it up a bit:

One of my college buddies went down to Mexico for spring break. After way too many tequilla shots and who knows what else, he ended up in a tatoo shop. He woke up many hours later with a big, full color cartoon on his thigh of Scooby and Shaggy dancing together, complete with little musical notes above thier heads. It was low enough on his thigh that it stuck out the bottom of his shorts!

Nothing even remotely cool about that.

no suprise lol -- good story though -- nothing wrong with tattoos -- ive got a lot (or 3 depending on how you look at it ) but both my legs and feet and left arm are covered-- the only two visible most of the time are my last name and a bumblebee with a voicebubble with a heart in it that my wife also has -- i guess it depends on the job however -- ive had college professors with full sleeves and leg pieces but places like pizza hut prefer they be covered up --- theyre becomming more acceptable --- and i knew when i got all of mine to keep them in areas that can be hidden easily -- but i also dont have anything offensive or questionable really -- ive seen plenty of folks who have swastikas and pot leaves and thought to myself -- no matter your personal belief -- thats probably not something you need tattooed on you -- but its their body -- if i were an employer i think i would at least ASK about the tattoos if they were visible..

at the same time -- a good friend of the family told me he wouldnt ever hire someone if they had a beard but had no problems with tattoos...
so i have no idea -- i have both btw

People do form opinions from appearances unfortunately. I have em but they can be covered up with a short sleeve shirt....CR

ive known nurses, teachers, counselors, corporate business ceo and consultants, and police officers with full sleeves -- but they all generally wear long sleeves and appear professional when needed ... NO HIDING THE BEARD Lol

I think some people would be surprised at who is tatted under their clothes.

I have several myself, and I'm an old guy. Would have many more if they weren't so costly!!:eek:

didnt realize that picture was so bad and doesnt due it justice plus that was before i got it touch up. here it is now 6months later
188421_201892613174087_100000600497544_662245_206328_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back