So you can't post on an old mesage here.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geonbugman

Banned
Well it appears that posting a coment on a mesage older than a couple of days on this forum is a crime. Senior members with long beards chase your thred down and let you know just how old it is. Perhaps you should seek a positon on the the H.A.M.B where the post NAZI's are. I kicked them to the curb for being asses. Oh wait did use improper english, or perhaps you will fault me for not using proper gramer or puncuation. I hate guys who have nuthing better to do than sit in front of a computer and find stuff to comment about that is sure to **** people off.

This site is NOT like that at all, I think perhaps you have made a mistake somewhere?
This is a friendly site, with many great members always willing to help where they can.

I can post on threads that are super old. My 32 plymouth thread is super old, and my updates are few and far between.

What are you talking about? Examples?

Dirtyrat is right, this place isn't like that at all. Guys here are encouraging and helpful 24/7.

I just had to get that off my chest, I posted on the Eectrical q&a and on 2 of my posts the coments were telling me how old the thread was. I like people here and enjoy reading and posting. The fact that a senior member posted a coment to tell me how old the thread was offended me. I don't care how old a post is if I feel I can help I'll post something. I still get comments on post I made in the early 90's on the nova.smu.ed site. My Post was to defend my logic from one and to inform all that it happens here like the other forums too.

Last edited:
I don't know the situation he's referring to but theirs been a few things happen here that have surprised me that I never figured would happen here.

I've never saw a site as bad the demo derby forum I used to frequent tho. They would change your entire post and act like your crazy when you confront them.

Even if it was mentioned that the thread was old, I wouldn't take it personally.
I know for sure there is almost never an intent to agitate or insult other members.

Hopefully you can find your home here, and see how calm and friendly it really is here.

Toughen up that skin

Come on man ,you let the Hamb guys get to you now one guy lets you know how old a post is and you take it personaly. Post a pic of your car and ask what everyone thinks. You will get negative and positive comments,thats life man toughen up,enjoy life.:cool:

Ummmmm... you have entered a NO drama zone and that lo hum'n noise u hear in the background is the ol S/V warmin' up! Sorry if any overspray gets on u're boots, rides or keyboards! Be forewarned... there may be strangely colored highly flammable toxic gases floating in & around low lying areas and/or slimy glowing goo on the roadways for the next 24 hrs. Please keep u're gas masks handy in case of a wind shift & a Hazmat team should be on scene shortly!

Rat Rod Mod

For a guy who has only been on here a month you sure know how to win friends and influence people ! :rolleyes: Maybe you aren't cut out to be on forums if your skin is that thin.

Don

friends_zpsdef644ca.jpg

Unfortunate. He had a good idea in one old thread post.

Posting on old threads: you're either trying to help a ghost from the past or adding to the archive of useful info.

I went back and read the stuff. He was adding useful information to threads and bruno made a comment in 2 of those threads saying how old it was. I can understand him going off. Looks like the NFL, the guy who throws the second punch gets punished.

fault

ya, don't think he should went off so bad, but it sounds like he had a good point.

wished he would handled it differently, sounds like he has some good info to add to the board.

Later :cool:

Usually the way it seems is a new guy comes on digs up an old thread that has been answered long ago either by mistake or just to run up his count.Ive jumped into threads that later you realize the OP is probably dead and gone.We get along pretty well around here so dont take anything personal.

all he said was old post...You coulda just said "so what" and left it at that

all he said was old post...You coulda just said "so what" and left it at that

usually if i comment on an old post and some helpful soul points out it is 99 years old.
i say yep
it sure is and i am adding some useful information for posterity.[cl

Latest posts

Back