Some People's kids Rant

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmupdik

So the other day at 0530 on the way to formation while I was driving my F150 down this dark road, I see this kid (early 20s) waving his arms around on the side of the road. Im not stopping. Its dark, no accident or car stalled nothing. I am not stopping theres too many tweakers (methheads) now for me to stop and help anyone when Im by myself at night and unarmed.
He gets this awesome idea to throw a rock at my truck. So having the belief of this guy deserves an ass whooping for throwing a rock at some random vehicle, I pull over quickly and begin short pursuit...Him and I exchange expletives... and *I Plead the 5th*...He begins apologizing and calling me Sir (Im 26, I look older, sound older I dont know what, Im not a big guy by any means), and starts crying about how hes scared and doesnt know where he is, blah, blah, blah.
Being a good man, I give him a ride home. Its like 1 min out of my way, and I had not checked my truck yet and seen the dent from the huge rock he threw.
Well I get done with our ruck march, and see the dent. I went back to his house and got the money to fix it. Well after he went and got money from his gf, she comes outside and asks if Im going to sign some document stating Im not going to come back and get more money from them.
Yes Me, the man who gave your boyfriend a ride home after he threw a rock at my truck, will come back and extort you for money! Really, really...You're worried about me not your DA boyfriend that's lucky to be alive, and not beaten to a pulp or dead because he decided to throw a rock at a random vehicle that could have any category of people, considering we live in a primarily military area with frequent rotations of deployments to combat areas that usually carry guns off-duty when its legal.

So you were too worried to stop until he threw a rock? How did the situation go from
I am not stopping theres too many tweakers (methheads) now for me to stop and help anyone when Im by myself at night and unarmed.

to
stopping and pursuing the guy to whoop his ass?
And you end up giving the dude a ride anyway, why didn't you just do that to start with...just sayin

I think some one would have gotten a beat down, and then the cops called...
What an a$$, there is no way in hell I would have helped that a-hole.

times have changed

im 36 and years ago i would give hitchhikers a ride without a second thought, even had some of them ask for my address and i would give it to them, and there were times i would get a letter or a thank you of some type from them, but now a days, there are way too many weirdos out there. ive given a few rides to peeps but i make them sit in the bed, just for my own safety. but if someone threw a rock at my truck it would be on, why i have a cattle prod in the back seat, but at the same time, when i flip my fire dept lights on they know they better act right.

Latest posts

Back