Someone got into my house last night!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rab71

First off I would like to say I am a dumbass for leaving the garage door open... So this is partially my fault... I was working on the furnace last night so I was in and out of the house. Well after finishing working on the furnace I had fogotten that I had the garage door open...

So the *******s got into the garage and ransacked my wifes car. All they took was the change from the ashtray, and the DVD player and headrest screens...

It gets worse... They actually got into the house... But all they took was my wifes purse that was hanging on the door right there...

Thank God that was all they did, we were sleeping just up stairs!

Needless to say we have called the police cancelled our checkbook and credit cards. The police already came by, and documented everything she was VERY helpful. She helped su list out who to call, considering the dirty scumbags got my wifes ID etc... My wife is pretty freaked out...

Lesson learned here ALWAYS make sure you close your garage even if you're home. I live in what I thought was a safe neighborhood... What the heck is this world comming too? Not even safe in your home...

Unfortunatly with todays drug use and the economy there is no safe place anymore. Years ago I lived in Florida, my sister and I shared a house. The police woke us at 4 am and said they busted a drug dealer and he had her purse. She said it was in her bedroom, when they went in there the window was open and there were footprints across her dresser. I was sleeping im my room right next to it and she was in the livingroom cause she had just gotten home from work at about 2:30 am. Scary stuff. I even had a dog and he did'nt here a thing. Glad it did not turn out any worse for you.

P.S. Now that have to get by 5 dogs!

Wow, thats scary! Sure glad nothing worse happened. I didn't used to worry about that kinda thing happening. But now I keep my good friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson close by just in case.

Wow. Sorry to gear that. Glad it wasn't worse. Even though they didn't get away woth too much, its still a very unsettling feeling to know that someone was in your home. Especially when you were there. Hope they catch the guy!

Scary stuff. I remember staying with my grandparents when I was kid, and there were no locks on the front door. No one thought much about that kind of thing.

I think we are pretty lucky in this case. Although even if I did have a gun it would nto have done me any good since I slept through the entire incident. I will getting an alarm system, and the obvious very shortly... I have an idea actually of who it was. I will be checking out that area later today.;)

Thanks for the kind words guys.:)

Wow, you guys have to feel very violated and uncertain now. Be sure to change every lock in the house if she had any keys in her purse, or if he got any some other way.

Yep, these hop-heads will do anything to get money and they are bold as h***. When we lived at our last Condo a neighbor came home late one night after he closed up his bar and two guys followed him to his door. They kicked in the front door but he had a little surprise waiting for them and blasted them with about 30 rounds. One guy dropped there and the other made it to his car downstairs where he died. Instant justice, ya gotta love it.

Sorry to hear about your intrusion, maybe you will save someone else who reads this and is lax in thier locking up policies.

Don

Thanks guys funny thing is we were gone on vacation for overa week... Nobody bothered the house at all the entire time we were gone...:confused:

Friggin' crooks...:mad:

That is pretty scary stuff.It has happened around here also.If you park your car outside the garage. And it does not have the lock out option on the master switch.Bring in your openers from the car.It has happened around here that scumb bags break into cars to open the garage doors.Then they rape all of your tools.Most people dont even know its happening till they walk out that door in the morning to go to work and find the garage door wide open and all tools are gone.

I have an old antique bear trap I am not using..... If it werent for that little dog of mine, I'd slide that thing out in the floor every night. Then you would hear them.

Sorry to here that Rab71. Every time I hear stuff like this I get ****ed. You work hard for what you have and knowbody has the wright just to take it. I keep guns but what good are they if you’re asleep? I think your wright an alarm is the way to go. Having your home violated can be very troubling. Hope your wife gets over it.

Latest posts

Back