someone please explain crying baby dolls!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandit Ls-1

so i went to the beach today and as im walking i see this sweet 58 eldorado parked so i start checking it out and then i get to the rear of it and.... theirs a crying baby doll... lol. why would u need to take that with u everywhere u go? and then have to lean it up on ur car even when ur at the beach with no carshow around.

can anyone tell me how the crying baby doll leaning on the fender came to be? snapped a pic too :D.

Attachments

• Multimed0.jpg
    Multimed0.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 71
Yeah, that's it give em a reason to cry. I've never figured it out either. Then there's the stuffed animals. I'll just stick with my Rats (they're not stuffed they're rubber)! :D

013-2.jpg

No explanation!!!

Doubt there is a good explanation for this but if we ignore it... maybe it'll just go away!!!

Don't know about the crying baby thing or even the rats. But my Plymouth has been know to be in the company of a few frogs at times. :D:D

hpim2041rb5.jpg

So rubber rats and frogs are different than cry baby dolls? I had a big Santa I found, strapped to the front of my trailer for a while when I was hauling debris in Mississippi. Doubt if my rod will have a mascot but if you like 'em that's ok, I guess.

We've kind of come to the conclusion that the crying baby dolls and all those other little knitted and gimmicky things people put on their cars are a way for the Husband to include his Wife in the hobby. I think it makes for peace at home when he is spending big money on the car, he let's her do these kinds of things to make her feel like she actually had a hand in building the car.

The car below was at a local show..........he must have REALLY ticked her off, it has every gimmick known to man!!!!!!
Don

FtMyers122carshow026.jpg

FtMyers122carshow028.jpg

FtMyers122carshow027.jpg

FtMyers122carshow029.jpg

FtMyers122carshow030.jpg

i didnt know you had to make these dolls, i thought u could just buy them lol. and that ****ing dog is becoming pretty popular too.

I'll tell you what is weird about stuff like the dolls and rotating displays.......the average showgoer eats that stuff up!! :confused::confused: We have talked about how you can be sitting there with a straight forward car, no stupid displays or anything, and people will walk up to a car next to you that is laden with flashing lights and blowup dolls, and think it is the greatest thing they have ever seen. :confused: Go figure!!! "Look at that Ethel, he has fur covers on the exhaust manifolds........ISN'T THAT SOMETHING!!!" :D

I also think if you wanted to build a car that trophied at every show it would be something you would not normally build for yourself. Even the judges seem to award trophies based on the dumbest criteria sometimes. We have all seen cars win and true car guys look at each other and say "HUH???????????" Oh well, maybe that is why it is better to build them to actually drive, not show.

Don

...We have talked about how you can be sitting there with a straight forward car, no stupid displays or anything, and people will walk up to a car next to you that is laden with flashing lights and blowup dolls...

Don

Maybe a real blowup doll sitting in the passenger seat would be kind of funny.

I'll tell you what is weird about stuff like the dolls and rotating displays.......the average showgoer eats that stuff up!! :confused::confused: We have talked about how you can be sitting there with a straight forward car, no stupid displays or anything, and people will walk up to a car next to you that is laden with flashing lights and blowup dolls, and think it is the greatest thing they have ever seen. :confused: Go figure!!! "Look at that Ethel, he has fur covers on the exhaust manifolds........ISN'T THAT SOMETHING!!!" :D

I also think if you wanted to build a car that trophied at every show it would be something you would not normally build for yourself. Even the judges seem to award trophies based on the dumbest criteria sometimes. We have all seen cars win and true car guys look at each other and say "HUH???????????" Oh well, maybe that is why it is better to build them to actually drive, not show.

Don

Yeah, really not any dumber than those show cars with lights and mirrors. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be but remember when the car would be jacked up, tires off, door open and all that angel hair like tire smoke. Who smokes the tires with the front jacked up and a tire off with the door open?lol

Latest posts

Back