Son joined the ARMY

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowatjr6969

On Monday my son reported to Fort Jackson to start his military training. I'm happy for him as he was happy with his choice. But I am scared for him at the same time!! It makes me proud that he wants to serve his country!! So as a fellow rodder please keep him and all of our troops in your prayers for safe returns back home to friends and family!!

God Bless The USA!

thats great to hear. which component of army did he decide on. just wondering. he will do great things and believe me he will make you even prouder than what you are right now.

In modern times it is an impressive decision to make.
He made you and his mom pruod by joining the military, but just remember, do not sell yourself short, after all, You and his mom raised him to be a strong young man, now it is his turn to show the both of you just how strong he is...

Hats of to you and his mom for raising a strong young man.

Hats off to him for volunteering to serve with the rest of us.

GOD BLESS THE USA !!!

Thank You ALL for the kind words and prayers. My son joined the Infantry division as he wanted to be in the field and not miles from the action as he tells it!!!!
He is 13 BRAVO, and the smile on his face when his ship day came was priceless!!!!

Again Thanks for your prayers and wishes!!

Amen to that...

Anyone in the military today knows exactly where they are going to spend a minimum of one year. More power to the troops, questions about the war.[cl

Not to jack the thread, but anyone noticed the ads showing Mom and Dad or a combination there of worrying about their kids enlisting?

When I got drafted, my Dad cackled his A-- off!

my hat goes off to all those who have made the choice to serve their country in that capacity.......

and our church has the military on our continual prayer list.....

GOD bless those who serve!

I can only echo what everyone esle has said. My nephew just joined for 6 years and is currently in Basic Triaining at Ft. Leonard Wood. In his letters he says it is very demanding but his enthusiasm for the corp is carrying him through.

TiredIronGRB Please thank him for me and my family, we will pray for him...what is his first name?

Thank You for that!! His name is PFC Thomas Triplett (Tommy)
he is a really good kid and I love him to death!!

All of your well wishes are appreciated greatly!! The war to me was a distant situation, with concern for those with family fighting 24 hours a day!! I had a great amount of respect for those choosing to fight for our FREEDOM!!!! And now I have an even greater respect for them! It went from thousands of miles away to my livingroom. It really makes you think differently on a lot of things.

We had a conversation with my son before he left on the worst case scenario, hated talking about it but we all feel more at ease as being a close family allows us to speak freely and from the heart.

He called us the other day and when I got to talk to him his first question was "So how is the Hot Rod coming?" LOL He has been afflicted with my insane desire to fabricate and build cars..... This was the first project he was totally interested in, too bad he hasn't been able to see the suicide hinges we started on installed and working!! He will love that!!

I will keep you all posted and again on behalf of him and my family "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT"!!!!

Latest posts

Back