Sorry for the absence, here is the latest to my stable.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getcarter

img2105tr1.jpg

img2137je4.jpg

i apologize for my tardiness as i have been back from australia for roughly a month. i did contact tripper and let him know i was having internet issues, the site takes forever to load for me here. above is the latest to my stable and the black gt is being sacrificed for the cobra drivetrain. i believe i am close to calling it quits here as at the end of next month i will be in the states. i plan on coming back here until december to offset the cost of this build, not as cheap as the 27 chrysler..lol..

in closing, all is well here and believe it or not it is much more peacefull here than in al asad.

on a side note, i have asked my fellow mustang guys over on svtperformance about color and photoshopping it in for me. what do you guys think about color, before anybody says it, patina is not what i am going for on this one..lol.. i was thinking competition orange or mineral gray (ford colors)

james

Last edited:
damn, don't you ever sleep??lol?? man this site has really grown since the beginning. i emailed tripper a while back and then received some from other members so i figured i needed to say hello.

i really expected you to have more posts than that though!

I had a good nights sleep and just got up early this morning.
Yes, this place really has grown.

I would have more posts but I have been real busy at work here lately. Getting ready for my guys to come home from Balad.

yeah i think i have had enough but it is hard to cut the cord.... just hoping it doesn't dry up while i take a break. i figured i would come home for 4-6 months and build, then go back to build up the project funds again. this time i am thinking of going to africa.

Howdy from H-town!!!

Carter,
Hey... really good to hear from ya!!! Had a buddy that just got back from Tikrit &said he was on the plane wiht a guy whose family lived here in the Heights & wondered if that was u! Appears not! Anyway... be sure to let us know when u get back!!!

BoB

i got alot of scenery and it seemed that everythime i saw a hot rod i did not have my camera. the last day i saw 5 early model mustangs, 3 were fast backs and all were left hand drive. i will try and someone to help me resize the pictures so i can share them.

Carter,
Hey... really good to hear from ya!!! Had a buddy that just got back from Tikrit &said he was on the plane wiht a guy whose family lived here in the Heights & wondered if that was u! Appears not! Anyway... be sure to let us know when u get back!!!

BoB

haha, not me but it is funny how small of a world it is. i had a friend from the svt forum that i just new from the internet. he is on the other side of camp and we play madden about once a week now.

i wondered if anyone was going to use the "welcome back carter" line..lol..

tripper, i will be flying out of dubai on the 25 of september and will be heading back here on th14 of october. i plan on being elbow deep in this coupe but hopefully we can catch up and i can talk you out of one of your cars, you really have too many!

Talking about sleep......dang, by 530am, I am at work and kicking tail with the late scraglers......lol.........just now comming from the field for the morning snack. Got another fire burning on a hill side, its about 5 miles form here and moving fast with the wind. All the big fire planes are down south fighting another range fire. Really sucks when your resources are more then 2 hours out in the air. Anyways, good to see you are still kicking and moving forward with your build.

Maximo

Glad to hear all is well. I guess Tikrit has changed in the last ffew years. My oldest stepson was there when they caught Saddam & he said it was a real lively place.:rolleyes:

outside the camp i am sure it still is but as far as catching a round here, it is big so hell most of the time you would not know. i was in the anbar province for a year and that is a, ehmmm... busy place. as a contractor i am not allowed to leave the camp unless it is by air.

welcome back dude, i missed your avatar :D

glad to hear all is well and i would go with either color. i think both would look good. two tone? :p

Nice! My wife has one of those!:cool: I need to get here some Cobra wheels like that.

Latest posts

Back