spray on bedliner - have you?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R.A.P.

Has anyone used spray on bedliner inside their body?
Wondering how that would work out..
Inside the qp,kick panels,roof
Instead of lizard skin ($)
Maybe the roll on kit type...?

I know the spray can sound deadner stuff ain't worth a damn.

Experience? thoughts?

We sprayed the entire underside of my Son's rpu with Gator Guard II two part undercoating. It is as solid as a rock and should last forever. The only way to go is with the two part kits, they dry better and are tougher, I am going to do my rpu the same way.

Don

dansrpuundercoated.jpg

Not trying to hijack your thread but how do you get the underside of a car body clean enough to paint without a rotisserie?

Has anyone used spray on bedliner inside their body?
Wondering how that would work out..
Inside the qp,kick panels,roof
Instead of lizard skin ($)
Maybe the roll on kit type...?

I know the spray can sound deadner stuff ain't worth a damn.

Experience? thoughts?

I want to do the same thing! I've heard and seen nothing good from the do-it-yer-self sprays or roll ons though. 2 part is the only way to go. Gotta make sure you hae a CLEAN surface. This would also work great inside to use rather then carpet (what am I saying, these are rats were talking :D)

Not trying to hijack your thread but how do you get the underside of a car body clean enough to paint without a rotisserie?

A few friends and a cherry picker. Then lots of elbow grease :D

A few friends and a cherry picker. Then lots of elbow grease :D[/QUOTE]

Thats what i thought. I have the frame and body separated and the frame freshly painted. It would be nice to clean and paint the underside before going back together.

I have seen this done on alot of topless 4x4 and works out nice. Only thing is if there are voids along the inside of the cab make sure the drill a hole for drainage.

I did the top of my 29 A with the roll on, 3 coats. Looks like a vinyl top is what I get told. I did it cause we spot welded a top in out of a mini van and I decided it would be just as good as anything else to seal with. can't tell there was a seam.:cool:

I want to paint the whole outside of my Crosley with that stuff. Never get a paint chip & never have to paint again!!! :eek:

BoB

I have seen this done on alot of topless 4x4 and works out nice. Only thing is if there are voids along the inside of the cab make sure the drill a hole for drainage.

I had used the two part roll on stuff in my Jeep worked great i thought, very durable stuff. Just make sure you follow the directions on the can, a buddy didnt properly prep his interior and it wasn't nearly as durable as mine was, and actually started to flake off in a few spots.

I sprayed the inside of a motorcycle cargo trailer a while back and it seemed to have an odour that I couldn't get rid of once it was closed up and the heat got at it...that would be my only concern about spraying it on the inside of a closed rod!!!

I was thinking about the 30 pick up cab.
Good point on the smell when hot.I could see that being a issue
with it sprayed on as a headliner..

Underside,no big deal.3M Body Schutz been using for years.

Maybe I'll just roll the windows down and turn up the radio

Attachments

• cabb.JPG
    cabb.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back