Starting the rails

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFast1

4 inch front kick up!

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 120
OK guys, the right rail where the cross tube should go is 1/8 inch lower than the left, question is how do I level them. The table is dead flat. the frame rail pulled while welding?

Did you check the chassis with a surface gauge off of the table to be sure it's moved ?

If it has moved the correction can be very time consumming . Without taking away the integrity of the metal I would sugest placing a metal block the same thickness under the high points and palying heat there . Wait to see if the pulled area moves back to position . This can be a cat and mouse game . I've been successful straightening metal bars with this method within a few thousanths of an inch.

Is the 1/8th in a place it will be a critical factor ? Yes , I know you'll know it's there .

Gonzo

fixed it with the help of porta powers, working on the rear crossmember and kick-up now, got the 4-link and rear houseing mocked up.

Thanks. need to set the cab on so I can build the motor and trans mounts. I want to get the motor back enough to clear the front tires.

Latest posts

Back