Steering issue on my build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bin building

So I went into the shop today to admire my whip when I relized that my flaming river steering rack turns right when I turn left and so on and so forth Hmmmmm no room I'n front of straight axel rad and air bags I'n the way my steering arms are off the back of the axel cuz that's were they fit either I make Custome steering rods that pull instead of push ormake a simple gear box to reverse the rotation of the steering rack if anybody has any ideas let me know before I go bald:) all I'n the name of. Building a sweet whip

I had that same problem with my Model A build. I used two pitman arms off a 1988 toyota truck. I drove them onto a piece of steel pipe and then welded them to it.I used an end off of a Model A axle to make it pivot .

Attachments

• DSC03674small.jpg
    DSC03674small.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC03643small.jpg
    DSC03643small.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC03641small.jpg
    DSC03641small.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 78
Well at least no one will steal it. And if they do they won't get far. The hard part will be learning it yourself. Some pictures will help.

So, what's the problem? A little practise and you'll drive it great. [cl

No reason that the top of the wheel has to move to the right if you're turning right. Be different, start a trend. At least anybody who tries to steal your car won't know what the heck is going on. :D

you must have gotten a front steer rack and needed a rear steer rack. I would just swap racks. easiest and safest.

thanks guys thats what i was thinkin cuz i spent a long night building the custom motor mount and steering rack mount and well it dont fit anywere else i will keep you posted:D

Latest posts

Back