Steering knuckles??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
So where can I pick up some cheap steering knuckles? Do mini-vans usually have 'em? Anything better? My PS is '85 GM and the column is '48 GM.

Is it OK to put a knuckle under the dash? If so, how would I need to brace it?

I'll have to get a couple of pics of what I'm working with later. Time to [;)...

Racing u-joints are the cheapest, I have used a bunch of em. I prefer borgsen stainless steel over everything else - but not cheap. But if you go with raw steel joints from borgsen - they are reasonable.

Not sure about where to get cheap steering joints Sam Fear but it's fine to put a joint under the dash. You can brace it just the same as if it was in the engine compartment. Just make sure that the upper column is supported well before the joint since it will not be supported at the firewall as usual. I find steering joints to be a bit on the expensive side in general.

Thanks fellas.

Happened to stop at a junk yard today and have a look. Full size vans have double knuckle shafts that I think I can make work. Forgot to grab tools though. Doh!

If your looking through a junk yard. A lot of front wheel drive cars have them under the dash near the floor. I have used a lot of junk yard knuckles in the past.

I used this on my truck. It was from a Chevy van.

003-10.jpg

Where can you get the Swiss Army Knife? I haven'tseen that model. I like it!

Latest posts

Back