Stolen hot rod in florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

A friend of ours through another forum has just had his 32 Ford stolen. He lives in Deleon Springs Fl, and the car has some very distinctive features, It is a fiberglass body but he grafted in an original steel 32 firewall, and it is running a sbf motor.

Here is a picture of it, please keep your eyes open. I suspect it will be parted out as it is pretty recognizable as it sits.

Thanks,

Don

shootb014.jpg

Gastrick will be shocked to see this because I know he has seen the car at events. The owner is a super nice young guy who worked his butt off building it.

I really think someone close to him, or someone who is close to a friend, is involved. They knew where it was, how to get in, and that he was away on a trip. That smells bad to me.

I know my Sons and come across as rude sometimes because we have a firm rule that not even close friends come to our shop, but this is exactly why. The more people that know what you have the better the odds are that something like this will happen. Hate to be that way, but this isn't 1950 anymore. :(

Hope we find this guys car for him in one piece.

Don

The problem isn't worrying about your friends, but it is the people who they might say something to. Thieves are VERY good at what they do and smart, they will use any info they can pickup on to find stuff to steal.

Don

I can't imagine what they guy is going thru. I would be a mental mess and in jail when I found the thief! Hope he gets it back!

Darn that sucks.........

I would hate to stop people from coming over to visit...but I get your point Don...can't hardly trust anyone.....perfect example is Charly Davidson and the bike caper.... wow... you think you know somebody and they give you the surprise of your life.... Sucks bigtime...!! :(

Gastrick will be shocked to see this because I know he has seen the car at events. The owner is a super nice young guy who worked his butt off building it.

Don

This is a darn shame and I REALLY hate to hear it. The owner Dave sent me many private messages when he was building his car for advice on how to make his windshield swing. Here's a photo I took at Billetproof 2012.

I know, Bill, it really is not good. He lives in a town of 2,700, so it isn't like he was in the middle of the Ghetto or a high crime rate area. Dave is such a nice guy too, and he worked so hard on that car. I sure hope this one ends quick and well.

Don

did he document his build on the hamb? if so i think I follered it long time ago

Man that would really suck...
It is such a unique car, I cant see someone redoing it and keeping it...

I'll be stamping my VIN in the frame in multiple areas, as well as on other parts...

bummer... that is one of the threads that got me interested in reading some stuff over on the hamb.. he did a fantastic job on it

hope it shows up unharmed

Yes, he did a build thread, under something like " Can't afford a 32 Ford, build one."

Still no good news yet this morning. :(

Don

I remember that. it was what you said about the steel firewall and making the window hinge out reminded me of it
That's not just an off the shelf body he did as much work on that thing as you'd do fabbing together a repop 32 out of patch panels

Latest posts

Back