Stop Me Before I Build Again

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
2008_0617box0006.jpg

A couple weeks ago I sold my Binder. First hot rod I've sold in 30 years. I did it to finance the completion of my '50 Chev truck. Unfortunately, I went to a junkyard and found the remains of an old coupe body that I can't get out of my mind.
A friend had been interested in the Binder for 2 years. He kept asking and finally broke down my defenses. I have too many car anyway, I was thinking. Now, it looks like I'll replace it with the new project.

Picture010.jpg

Here's the body I found. The driver's door is missing. But, there are some similiar doors laying around and with some slicing and dicing I can make a decent door. The back end is cut off and it has been made into a truck cab, many, many years ago. The work isn't too bad though.

IMGP4944.jpg

After searching around a lot ( I knew it was a Chrysler body) I found this project on the H--B. It is a '27 Chrysler 3 window coupe body. Finding that out was pretty embarassing because I have a Tub I made out of a '27 Chrysler 4 door sitting in the back garage.

this is gonna sound kinda tarted, but WHAT is that big rock in the back ground?? Never been to MN so I don't know what the scenery looks like..

DSC09554.jpg

The plan is to build it with this general layout. Because I'm getting really old, a good ride is one important objective. I want this one to ride nice, be quiet inside, stop and corner like a modern car and run in the high 11's in the quarter mile. All, while keeping that great iron oxide finish on the body. The rod pictured is a project on the H--B. It is a terrific build with lots of attention to detail.
Please tell me it can't be done so I can come to my senses and not build another car.:D

Scooter, That appears to be a big rock. But it ain't in Minnesota. I found the pic on that other site just to illustrate what body I found. Sure wish the one I found hadn't been cut off. If it was whole, it would have been gone from the junkyard long ago though.

Dang Bob, you sold the Binder? :(. That was one seriously cool truck.

Oh and it's already too late to stop you now. Once you get those "next project" ideas brewing in the back of your mind, it's already too late. Just go ahead and grab the coupe. I'm sort of in the same boat. I found a car I want for my next project and I have the whole thing pretty much planned out in my mind and it's keeping me up at night. I'm trying to figure out a way to get the car :D

Hey, maybe you will get it right this time. ( really joking) I am looking forward to any build you do, because you do a fine job, and you work through them so well, and so fast. And you keep us posted! I say go for it, so you can get to the one after that.

Sorry, bob, no dissuation(?) from this corner. Your work is too good to quit now. Just keep us posted as you build this one, too.

Bob..I heard a rumor that if you get a project idea in your mind and don't fullfill the quest your head will explode. We can't allow that to happen so go for it!! With pictures of course!!:D

Sick!

Bob..I heard a rumor that if you get a project idea in your mind and don't fullfill the quest your head will explode. We can't allow that to happen so go for it!! With pictures of course!!:D

Oh and it's already too late to stop you now. Once you get those "next project" ideas brewing in the back of your mind, it's already too late.

Bob,
You are one sick individual!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Latest posts

Back