Straight 8

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52 fordman

Seen this at Richards classic autos this morning. I am guesing it needs a rebuild, But does anyone know anything about it? DSCF0258.JPG

The others are just of a few cars and trucks i seen while i was there.

52 fordman

RUST NEVER SLEEPS.

Attachments

• DSCF0257.JPG
    DSCF0257.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF0259.JPG
    DSCF0259.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0250.JPG
    DSCF0250.JPG
    204.4 KB · Views: 31
Feul Pump str8 8

Sure it will be a few weeks before i am able to get back there. Dont have a clue what he might ask for it, so .... Any other parts you might need as there is over 40 acres of cars!!!

52 fordman

straight 8

Hey chipper way to go man! Thats great if you have one. I try to help others out as i know I need help too.
I dont have a lot of parts around but i have a ton of body tools and have done the work, so in that area i do stuff for others that can do stuff for me,

I E trans work use a hoist....
Either way between the 2 of us he will get the pump, yours is cheaper I am just trying to be a good guy.

52 forman

Rust never sleeps:D

You can get a complete engine rebuild kit from Kanter, pistons, rings, valves etc. for around $ 1,500 bucks - you would still have to rebuild the carb, fuel pump, and get a water pump etc. avg. price with machining would cost you about $2,500 to rebuild --- I have a '50 Chrysler straight eight 323 and the rebuild parts are similar. The engine in the photo looks like it has been sitting exposed for a long time and is more than likely stuck badly. It would make a great piece of yard art though - straight eight's are fantastic, but look for one that turns and is complete.

A buddy of mine has a straight 8 with trans sitting in his shop. Says it was recently rebuilt and running when pulled from the car. i think he'll take $500 for it just to get it out of his way. wish I had something to put it in.

Latest posts

Back