Straight axle spindle ID

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wannaby

Hi so I have been trying to scrounge up a front end for my project and bought this for 100 bucks but am confused as to what kind of spindles are on it.When I look up new spindles all don't have the steering arms cast in like mine.any idea what these are from and where I could get a replacement for the one side as I screwed the threads on one side trying to torch out the stuck wheel bearing.

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 53
Actually looking at those an a bigger screen they look more like modified 37-41 spindles. Get a pair of new one from Speedway motors with new bolt on arm. Also check ebay, The HAMB forum. lots of places. Google is your friend!

Yep might be my only option.Dont see anything like them on ebay or google just the bolt on steering arm types none with the casting steering arms.

We sell the brand new Speedway spindles for just $195.00 a pair. A savings of a few $$$$ from Speedway.

Those are 32-34 Ford spindles, not the late Ford, they have the intagrated steering arm. Dont cut off the arm, if one spindle is messed up the other one is still worth $$ to someone.

Those are 32-34 Ford spindles, not the late Ford, they have the intagrated steering arm. Dont cut off the arm, if one spindle is messed up the other one is still worth $$ to someone.

Cool I cleaned up the bad one and retapped it so everything is good.
any idea if a disk brake setup will work on this axle can I make up some caliper plates and just buy gm rotors and disks trying to do this on the cheap and drums ,shoes, wheel cylinders,hardware all come to way more than a disk kit from speedway or egay.

attachment.php

I can't see much in the pic but the axle on the left (ford) Is a straight tube with 48 and older or 49 and newer spindles. I don't know if the arms were cut off or bolt ons but it now has bolt on arms

The brakes are 1955 f100

I picked it up at a garage sale this way.

the other axle is a 46-58 chevy truck with a disc brake conversion of some unknown distinction. looks like factory calipers and rotors w custom brackets.

Latest posts

Back