Strangest Donor vehicle?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim...Ok

Thought this might be fun..Whats the strangest donor vehicle you've robbed parts off of for your build? I'm in the process of dismantling an old Gleaner combine..The scary part is i'm finding parts on it i want to use for my build..has a thick brass radiator with the same outlets as a small block chevy,so i gotta give that a try..it's got a cool oval shaped gas take,its kinda big, but may be worth a shot..lots of small misc. items as well..

Tim

horse trailer

the floor in my 32 pymouth/dodge project came from the divider wall of an old horse trailer. most of the floor braces are the tube frames the ski-doo's and snow-mobiles are shipped in.

on jimmy's dodge truck we used a lot of old exercise equipment tubing for the bed braces and afew other places. the flat steel to make the C-notch is off a
1990 2-bdrm mobilehome frame.

sure l have more wierd stuff l have used, thow it up on here when l think of it.

good thread choice:D

house door knobs, steel shelving for floors, angle iron from said shelving for fuel cell mount, PTO knob off the machine I worked on at the paper mill, electrical sub panels for elec boxes on my chopper. You get stuff from where ever you see it and have a vision.

found 500 lbs of drugstore shelfing at local recycler made with 1x2 steel tubing , going to be the floor of my 26 and future projects

R65 John Deere Combine runs a GM 292 6 with Heavy duty guts--I had one for a donor till I got an offer I couldnt refuse.

I've used Matag wringer washing machine legs for taillight pods--some old timers can ID them...

PA41

Attachments

• 100_0227.jpg
    100_0227.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 57
Massey combine, new holland baler. Mal-Wart porch swing, various exercise machines and a Rickenbacker car. All have donated to my rpu, not to mention at least a dozen different models of Ford and 3 models of Chevy.

Thought this might be fun..Whats the strangest donor vehicle you've robbed parts off of for your build? I'm in the process of dismantling an old Gleaner combine..The scary part is i'm finding parts on it i want to use for my build..has a thick brass radiator with the same outlets as a small block chevy,so i gotta give that a try..it's got a cool oval shaped gas take,its kinda big, but may be worth a shot..lots of small misc. items as well..

Tim

Some of the earlier Gleaner combines had a steering box with a real long sector shaft, would work great for a cowl steering unit.

Part of front fenders, and hood split down the center from a late Cadillac makes a pretty good boattail rear section. Far as I've got so far.

Some of the earlier Gleaner combines had a steering box with a real long sector shaft, would work great for a cowl steering unit.

Part of front fenders, and hood split down the center from a late Cadillac makes a pretty good boattail rear section. Far as I've got so far.

I've already planned on keeping that steering box,probably not use it on this truck, but will on a future build..I do plan on using the steering column and wheel with the Allis Chalmers logo in my truck..:D

Bed rails go into about everything around here, probably going to use the cross members, and maybe the whole bed floor from 95 Dodge truck, to replace a rusted out trunk floor. horse shoes, straps off old wine barrels.

Traffic light for 3rd brake light, license plates, Oscar Mayer's lard bucket & Holmes wrecker identification tag for floorboard patches. Oil filter wrench for drink holder. Lots more weird parts laying in wait for their new transformation into ratrodom

U-haul trailer frame and leaf springs, Tines from a pitch fork, angle iron from a toddler bed frame, old air compressor for fuel tank (work in progress.)

found 500 lbs of drugstore shelfing at local recycler made with 1x2 steel tubing , going to be the floor of my 26 and future projects

I found a whole bunch of 1/2" x 3" x 1/8" folded angle steel shelving rack at our local junk guy, I bought a pile, and I've used it for a hundred different jobs so far. :D

Latest posts

Back