Street Rod Nationals + in Louis., Ky.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm boycotting this year due to the rolling thirty year rule.

It will be the first Street Rod Nationals that I have missed as a participant or spectator since 1994.

To anyone who might not want to go in the Fairgrounds, there's still a lot to do outside. I like going fri. and sat evening and sit near Phillips Lane to watch the cars go by.

David, my hubby, wants to go to check it out. I can see where NSRA is coming from, most of the members are getting older & they want new blood coming in. But I think they should have taken it slowly, 10 yrs at a time maybe.
Us old farts don't like change, that's why it's such a shock when we see ourselves in a mirror. :eek:

I'm going this year as this may be the last one for me for a couple of years. Only taking Momma's truck as the Plymouth decided to have electrical issues. I'll probably have the truck near the west end of the west hall. Can also catch us in the motor home parking lot. Got a Harny Riatta. Woode sign in the windsheild. Hope to see some of y'all there. Will miss seeing that 48 aGAIN, fLIPPER.

Just back from picking up our packet for the Nationals, they're showing registration numbers only going up into 7200. That's way down from past
years & they can't blame it on the economy (but they will). Looks like the shirt
prices are up too, $20 for the T-shirt. Looks like they cut their noses off the spite their face. JMHO :rolleyes:

I would like to hear that too Flipper maybe we can get some opinions on here. Seems to me not much is being said, but I've been kind of out of the loop.

NSRA

I belong to the host club (VSRA) for the Nationals South in Knoxville. We thought the numbers would be down based on preregistration but they showed up at the last minute. Numbers about the same as last few years....no increase. Some negative comments, some positive ones. There was definitely a variety. Really some very cool 50s cars and very well done customs, muscle, etc. I just love CARS!

The swap meet was full....we sold all the spaces. We didn't last year.

We haven't been over to fair grounds yet, but at the pickup there were a few neg. comments. Most people were going in picking their stuff up and leaving. I didn't see many looking at the cars that were there. A friend of ours went in this evening to register and was #8142, if I remember right last year there was over 11,000. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Myself, I think they should have only go to 1959 and given the members some say in the matter. I think it's wrong how it was done and it's left a lot of member with bad feelings.

Yeah......1980 is too late.....rollin 30 years...I don't like.. Costs too much, too. Lots of spectators stayed away from the Nats South.

But, ya know, to us, it's a hobby.....to them, it's a business.

I just drive mine every day and have my own show. lol

from another forum

Local louisville here, I have been at the fairgrounds all day. The vendors inside are way down. The highest car number I seen today was 8200. NSRA has screwed up big time. Next year will be a joke...

Whole lot of empty spaces in the parking areas and the swap meet. The field was almost empty. When the storm came through, the vendors' area wasn't even crowded. It's kind of sad really. Maybe there will be more there tomorrow or Sat.
Reminded me of a weekend cruise with all the different years there together. The people we talked to were very impressed, they thought it was a big mistake and dirty the way it was done. The Atlanta contingent said it wasn't very Gentlemanly.

Rode around last night numbers seemed a little down but it is fun wathing all the street machines cruise. Seems to me that might be the biggest difference, the high dollar show rods want to sit and the S/M's like to cruise. Only time will tell how it pans out.

By their account @ the car giveaway there were only 10,100 entries. Definitely down from last year. The feel was not the same. Saturday, had a lowrider '72 Caddy parked in front of the truck. Talked to maybe 200 folks & less than 10 had no problem with the change. Also, talked to a few vendors & they were confused as to what type of stuff to bring. Don't get me wrong, I like cars & trucks of ALL types but, you could see the same thing at any local show or cruise. Seemed like a mass exodus from both the RV parking lot & the fairgrounds after the Sat afternoon festivities. Swap meet area also started to clear out Sat eve. There is a new 48 & older association that started up this year, The American Streetrod Association ( http://www.americanstreetrodassociation.com ). They're holding their 1st show Sept 24-26 in Rantoul, Il.

Latest posts

Back