stretch a 30 A back out?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldmule

Colorado, East of the Peoples Republic of Boulder
I picked this up and want to stretch it back to the original length. Someone tried to make it into something pretty odd....

Is it something I should even try? I want to do a 4 seater to haul the family and to have some more weight over the rear. I'm planning on a moderate build BBC w/ single 4 tunnel ram. How hard would it be to find body parts to splice back in? Or maybe solid sides to look a little like a delivery wagon?

100_1487.jpg

OR, do I leave it alone, chop 4-6" off the top and call it good?

I don't have better pictures right now, somehow my camera nuked them.

Yeah, I know it's in the wee hours of the morning, I'm too sick to lay down and bored stiff.....

Last edited:
Find somebody to trade with, because you are missing quite a bit to stretch it back out. Somebody did all that work, that means somebody else will like what was done. ( I am always okay with a chop, as long as you still fit inside)

I would just build off what you have there.Like mentioned above,Your goin to need alot of parts to get back to original form.Just chop it and go from there.

I agree with the others. You need so many parts to stretch it properly that you might as well start with another car if you are fixed on that option. I personally like the chopped truck idea. It doesn't look too difficult to fix the bodywork on what you have there.

If you want to be the guy who did something most guys wouldn't attempt then have at 'er. Seriously, if you have the tenacity to take on the job and build it the way you want. then Hell Ya... jump in.................

better off

either do the chop and fix the cab the way it is or find some one to trade for what ya want.

l would have gladly traded my 30'something 4 door dodge sedan for a 2 door or a good truck cab.

not mine in the pic but same body style before l chopped mine into a two door.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• Copy (5) of Copy of o.jpg
    Copy (5) of Copy of o.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 33
top chop?

Bonehead-'' Funny how these 4 year old threads pop up every now and then.''

ya, it makes one wonder if he ever did anything with it or if the cab is sittin' in limbo.[S

Later:cool:

Latest posts

Back