Stuck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super56

Need some feedback... I have the 56 Buick, I cand decide what to do with the chrome trim. Do I leave it chrome? do I flat black it and use it as a body line? Do I paint it the florecent green Im doing my accents in? Or, do I take it all off, fill the holes and create my own lines. Mind you I want to do scallops on her so...

I have this image and want to do something similar but my own.

Attachments

• Classy-Custom-Buick-Special.jpg
    Classy-Custom-Buick-Special.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 50
Since it has it, keep it! If you want a car without chrome, buy a Saturn. If it was already missing then that would be different. Keep it chrome too. That's just me though - I like lots of chrome.

I wouldnt do a thing to that at all... especially anything florescent... 1989 called and wants your oakley sun glasses back...

I see alot of rats with bright green accents...

Since it has it, keep it! If you want a car without chrome, buy a Saturn.

I literaly laughed out loud when I read this...

I guess(so far) the chrome stays...for now...

Attachments

• Autorama2012-lowerlevel020.jpg
    Autorama2012-lowerlevel020.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Autorama2012-lowerlevel152.jpg
    Autorama2012-lowerlevel152.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Autorama2012-lowerlevel164.jpg
    Autorama2012-lowerlevel164.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 12
Those cars are big n beautiful, that's why ya leave their caricature trim in-tacked and work with it.
I don't have 2 cents, actually I don't have any since.

Need some feedback... I have the 56 Buick, I cand decide what to do with the chrome trim. Do I leave it chrome? do I flat black it and use it as a body line? Do I paint it the florecent green Im doing my accents in? Or, do I take it all off, fill the holes and create my own lines. Mind you I want to do scallops on her so...

I have this image and want to do something similar but my own.

Flourecent green trim might look a bit odd and dated, like 80s dated. Another way to change the look would be scuff the chrome trim with scotch brite. It especially looks good on flat/satin cars. BTW the flat red and cream buick belongs to Fish in Phoenix, he's well known in the VW community there.

Attachments

• fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 8
Flourecent green trim might look a bit odd and dated, like 80s dated. Another way to change the look would be scuff the chrome trim with scotch brite. It especially looks good on flat/satin cars. BTW the flat red and cream buick belongs to Fish in Phoenix, he's well known in the VW community there.

Any more picks? I love this car!

Here's another one for ya. Yeah it's a great looking car. A few years back it was flat black with flames and drove around with his mountain bike hanging off the back.

Attachments

• fish3.jpg
    fish3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back