suicide awareness

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you lost your friends Reign.
I've had my experience with depression but now that i am thinking about it,
isn't it curious that we can be more afraid of living than dying?

i find that it is more that people dont fear what they dont know. people can see the tangible. people can see the bad in their life although they cant always see the way out. many find that ending it could be the way out without thinking about the consequences. people are less afraid of death since they know that, at that point, nothing else can hurt them; when in life there is always the opportunity to be hurt again and again.

I could be wrong, but that is how i think about it. that is one of the main reasons that i live life to the fullest whenever i can. Since it is all over when you are dead, there is no reason to skip out on something you really want to do. I hate to miss out on something because i am afraid to do it. That is a big reason that i am a firefighter, i want to give people the opportunity to live out their lives to the fullest even when they think there is nothing left to live for. That is also the reason that i am really into extreme sports like rock climbing.

Reign
you sound like me when I was younger. Firefighter, Living on the edge. ( NO FEAR) My shrink said that was my way of dealing with my pass, PTSD and my depression. Boy now I'm feeling old.

I always try to look at it as. Every time I'm at a low there is something good coming behind it. It works for me. I ratter stick around and make other people miserable.

I guess my friends call me grumpy for a reason.

Reign
you sound like me when I was younger. Firefighter, Living on the edge. ( NO FEAR) My shrink said that was my way of dealing with my pass, PTSD and my depression. Boy now I'm feeling old.

I always try to look at it as. Every time I'm at a low there is something good coming behind it. It works for me. I ratter stick around and make other people miserable.

I guess my friends call me grumpy for a reason.

I tend to agree that the way i live is a way to deal with my past and the crap and stress that i endure at work every day. There is no denying that. I have the same outlook as you do really. In ever bad, there will be some good to come of it. There can be no bad without good, it is the natural balance of things. The other thing that i always think of is that when my time is up, there is nothing that will stop it, so why should i hold back on what i want to do in fear that something bad might happen. I will never take my own life although when my time is up, i dont want to look back in regret because i didnt do something.
Reign...your statement is very well put and very close to the facts of how
you feel .

The only thing that needs adding to your statement is that ,no you dont
think of how your family will feel without you ,because you are overwhelmed
with how better off they will be without such a no good loser and bad example that you have been in life that all that matters is instantaniously removing yourself from ruining your families life anymore.death.

When the suicide reaper is in your head,controling your every thought,if he
(suicide reaper)wants you he will come and get you no matter how weak or strong of a person you are .

Reign i can also tell you that steve had probably been planing his death for a while and exactly when where and how it would happen .

That is some good insight there. Something i havent really thought of. It might not be a selfish thought in their mind. They might be thinking that they are doing their family and friends a favor by "ridding them of their worthless existence". Looking at it that way does put a little more perspective on it in one of the cases. In the other case (my first friend that killed himself) he couldnt figure out any other way from being sent back to the war in Afghanistan other then killing himself.

To be honest, i still dont agree with it in either respect, although i am a different person from most.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back