Suicide front setup questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerplant

Not sure how to set up the angle on my suicide front end. I do know enough that the mount itself needs to be set at 6-7 degrees (my first pic).

At what angle do I set the axle, spindles, trailing arms, etc. ..... I assume I need to worry about the angle that the spindles are "tipped back", is this supposed to be 6-7 degrees also? I have my front end set in place where the trailing arms looks good to the eye but with my angle finder placed in various locations I come up with around 10-12 degrees. This brings up another question... if my spindles need to be "tipped back" at 6-7 degrees... where do I place my angle finder to achieve this?

Attachments

• 100_2441.jpg
    100_2441.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_2442.jpg
    100_2442.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 76
Powerplant, it's the axis of the spindle that need the 5 to 7 degrees of positive caster. I personally use 6 degrees. The angle can be measured at the king pins at the end of the axle. Some folks measure the angle using the backing plate mounting holes. The bones/hairpins/radius rods can be mounted to the chassis based on where they end up after you determine caster at the spindle. You can control that somewhat depending on how your radius rods are mounted to the axle.

Last edited:
Thanks man

I guess I knew that the spindles needed to be at 6-7 degrees. I was just denying it because I will now have to pie cut the wishbone arms to get them where I want them.

I am going to measure across the top of my hoop style steering arm (upper backing plate mounting holes).

Latest posts

Back