Suicide Knobs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still Runnin

OK who has photos of Suicide Knobs?
I am looking for pics of them to go with a story in Still Runnin Magazine.
If you have some that you want to share for publication purpose,
please email them to me at [email protected].
I know we all photograph them! So lets see them.
Please Do not flood this site with your pics,
I do not think it would be appreciated.

Indicate in the subject line of your email ...."Suicide Knobs" .... Please.
along with you name the way you would want to see it in print.'

[email protected]

Thanks in advance to those that want to play. Lea

Suicide Knob

Not 1 Suicide Knob to be had from you all ....... huh ... there has got to be at least one out there somewhere. Lets show them ...

Not 1 Suicide Knob to be had from you all ....... huh ... there has got to be at least one out there somewhere. Lets show them ...

I've got one. An original from the 40's, but I won't be able to grab a photo for you until this weekend. I'll try to take a good picture.

Mines in a Intertrashional pick up, looks like a real mount with a skate board wheel bolted to it, so here it is........

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

My Dad had one on his '48 Ford until it got caught on his sleeve & he nearly sideswiped a telephone pole with me & my Moms in the car. That was all it took & it was in the trash can. :eek:

BoB

ive got a suicide know of my forklift. I hate it. It ruined 3 pairs of pants so far, cuz when the knob gets to the bottom of the wheel the nuts catch your pant leg and tear em open.

knob

heres a jack daniels one on a custom wheel i did, gun metal gray two toned with black and pinstripes. the vintage bullet center cap also holds 4 shot glasses.

Attachments

• jack knoba.jpg
    jack knoba.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 19
  • jack knobb.jpg
    jack knobb.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 20
  • jack wheel.jpg
    jack wheel.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 24
ive got a suicide know of my forklift. I hate it. It ruined 3 pairs of pants so far, cuz when the knob gets to the bottom of the wheel the nuts catch your pant leg and tear em open.

At least its the nuts on the suicide knob that catch!!:D

I used to spill drinks with mine cause I'd put the Fast Food cup between my legs to shift and then turn a corner and pop the lid with the knob. At least I never did it with coffee! Now I have a different knob. Guess I could post a pic...

I know why they call 'em suicide knobs - I ripped my old one apart on a tight corner one day - king pins needed grease - I still had my other hand on the wheel at least. This is my replacement. I found one that sits inside the wheel so I don't spill drinks etc.

Old and worn, but solid and I like it.

Attachments

• suicideknob.jpg
    suicideknob.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back