''Sum Ting Wong"?! TV station falls for mother of all hoaxes in Asiana crash

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
Last edited:
[cl I can't believe she is so dumb to read that and not know that it's fake! Makes you wonder about the rest of the news, doesn't it? :D

OMG, that it hilarious !!!!!! [cl[cl[cl I bet the perp who wrote that script up peed himself when he heard her actually reading those names !!!!!!!!! :D I love it.

Don

I'm still laughing over this one !!!!!!!!!!!!

They are blaming a intern for it. At least that's what my local news channel is reporting.

I'm still chuckling too this morning. It reminds me of those prank calls we used to make as teens, asking for people with made up names (usually that were constructed of body parts and sexual acts) It was always fun to hear the person we called turn around and ask if "----------- ----------" is there. [cl

Very funny video, thanks for posting it.

Don

This is like the woman who suggested moving the deer crossing to the corner so there wouldn't be as many getting hit :eek: [ddd [ddd [ddd

I bet someone lost their job over this one, or it was done by some disgruntled employee who was on his way out anyway. One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. :D:D

Don

I'm still chuckling too this morning. It reminds me of those prank calls we used to make as teens, asking for people with made up names (usually that were constructed of body parts and sexual acts) It was always fun to hear the person we called turn around and ask if "----------- ----------" is there. [cl

Very funny video, thanks for posting it.

Don

The days before caller ID on the phones.

funny for sure, now there is talk of lawsuits etc....:rolleyes:

now this is where the world is--instead of laughing it off, firing the responsible party and moving on, somebody is "offended" and that means lawsuit!

oh for the days of asking if your local grocer had "prince Albert in a can";)

politically correct-ness is gonna kill our country!

Sum Ting is definitely Wong

yep, suing

-----------love the attorney's names at the bottom of the article:D--------------------

Would ‘Captain Sum Ting Wong’ Please Take The Stand?: Asiana May Sue Over Racist Pilot Names
by Evan McMurry | 2:46 pm, July 14th, 2013.

''Asiana Airlines has indicated it is considering suing local San Francisco television station KTVU and the National Transportation Safety Board after the two organizations accidentally published fake racist names of Asiana’s pilots last week.

KTVU aired the names, which included “Sum Ting Wong,” “Ho Lee Fuk,” and “Bang Ding Ow,” on Friday, and quickly recanted after the prank was spotted. The station said it got the names from NTSB, which eventually blamed the incident on—wait for it—a summer intern.

The airline threatened legal action in a statement over the weekend.

“Regarding the KTVU-TV’s demeaning report of the pilots on July 12, Asiana Airlines is reviewing possible legal action against KTVU-TV and the NTSB,” read the airline’s statement. “The reputation of the four pilots and of the company had been seriously damaged by this report. The company is reviewing taking legal action against both KTVU-TV and the NTSB.”

Both KTVU and the NTSB have apologized.

Rumors that Asiana has obtained counsel Anita Bath, Mya Butthertz, Annita Turney & Wie Su Yu on the case.. the rumors at this time are unconfirmed.''

Later :cool:

Last edited:
“The reputation of the four pilots and of the company had been seriously damaged by this report. The company is reviewing taking legal action against both KTVU-TV and the NTSB.”

Like slamming an airplane that tells you when your F'n up into a sea wall doesn't' hurt their reputation. I'd be asking captain Yu Fukt Up if that airplane was coming out of his pay check.

Don

Latest posts

Back