Super Bee rat attempt

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinbbmopar

My attempt i hope you rat rodders can appreciate my 69 Super Bee, im too cheap to restore it... but i love to drive it! So i made the best of the weathered paint and rust. Goal was to look like a Speed shop Promo car... what do you think? The log says "Griggs Brothers Speed & Machine" I painted it on last month added the 6 pack hood, wheels and slapper bars. All the stickers are no newer than 1976 and were sanded to looked weathered

More Photos

http://rides.moparmusclemagazine.com/ride/1210456/satellite12/1969/dodge/coronet/

Attachments

• downsized_0811021017.jpg
    downsized_0811021017.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 166
I like it a lot more than an over restored car that the owner is afraid to drive.

Nice job on it.

I told they guy w/ the show car next to me that if it was and HOA my clunker would be dropping the value of his high dollar Charger

Not my definition of a rat rod but I can respect it a lot more then a trailer queen! It if it's what you like/want that's all that matters!

Yea its not really a rat rod i agree w/ that. But its differant than all the other Mopars. My hope is that it would fool someone into thinking it looked the same 40 years ago in the pits at their local dragstrip. I wanted it to remind people of early 70s dragracing and i hope thats what it does

Mines not really a Rat Rod either, but I like to think it's an offshoot of the genre. Don't have any clever name for it, but consider it to be ungracefully preserving the aging provinance of old iron classics.

Very cool ride! I would be proud to be seen behind the wheel sittin at a 45degree angle to the lane divider with the tires billowing smoking rubber waiting for it to hook so I could grab another gear!!!!!!:cool:

Racecar surviver is good for me.... but the car is may be a little too rough to be a "surviver" and as for blowing the tires off ill have to put some different ones on for that! It has Drag radials on it and hooks pretty good. Blowing them off cost way too much $$$

Latest posts

Back